Zeinab Sekaanvand: Fears Iran could hang woman within two days
Human rights activists have raised fears for a 22-year-old woman who could be hanged within days in Iran.
Zeinab Sekaanvand was convicted of killing her husband, whom she says beat her for months.
Her execution was delayed after she remarried in prison and conceived a child.
Last month she gave birth to a stillborn baby, putting her at risk of death by hanging as soon as 13 October.
Doctors said the young woman's baby died in her womb two days before she gave birth as a result of the shock she suffered after her friend and cellmate was executed.
Amnesty International says Ms Sekaanvand... read more
- 08:18 Adam Lallana could miss as many as six Premier League games due to...
- 08:18 French ex-PM Valls backs Macron for president
- 08:17 Suspension for Shropshire nurse who altered notes of a teenage boy...
- 08:17 Shame of South Yorkshire's 9000 animal cruelty complaints
- 08:17 Letter: Osborne’s roles show us why parliament must be overhauled
- 08:17 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:16 Clean sheet thrills Edinburgh as Cobblers boss targets final flourish
- 08:15 Heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful' former Grimsby teacher Marjorie Hogg
- 08:14 Director of Cedar Court Dementia Care Home in Bretby vows to act...
- 08:14 'You behaved like an animal' - Knife-wielding South Yorkshire thug...
- 08:13 Freak accident forces Cumbrian couple to postpone epic China trip
- 08:13 Pics: Man United ace sparks chaotic airport scenes ahead of...
- 08:13 Deal making in rude health despite fears over economy
- 08:12 RNLI urges coast users to be safe after lifeboats called out 1,000...
- 08:12 ARTICLE 50: Once the UK leaves the EU, is there any way back in?
- 08:11 Theresa May has signed Article 50 letter – here’s what happens next
- 08:11 Mum's warning after baby's reaction to children's Nurofen which...
- 08:10 Theresa May tells country to unite as UK’s EU exit is signed
- 08:10 Suspension for Shrpshire nurse who altered notes of a teenage boy...
- 08:10 Banks try to calm staff nerves with staggered Brexit shift
- 08:10 Shropshire's hospitals miss 18-week target
- 08:09 Toshiba's Westinghouse 'files for US bankruptcy'
- 08:09 Taxi passengers facing higher fares to Newcastle Airport due to...
- 08:09 New business is fresh start for painter Phil
- 08:09 Top Army band sign up for Prescot Festival
- 08:08 Two Birmingham men still in custody over Westminster terror attack
- 08:07 Embrace the fear: 15 signs it’s time to quit your job
- 08:07 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:06 Johnston Press flags improvement amid tough market
- 08:03 Nepal asks climbers to clean quake-littered Everest camp