Zara owner Ortega buys $550 million Madrid skyscraper
Amancio Ortega, Europe's richest man and founder of global fashion group and Zara owner Inditex (ITX.MC), has bought one of Madrid's most famous skyscrapers for 490 million euros ($551 million) through his property investment arm, a source said.
The purchase marks another step in the famously-reclusive billionaire' s strategy to build a property empire through Pontegadea Inmobiliaria, one of the biggest property companies in Spain, and his holding company Pontegadea Inversiones.
The source said late on Friday that Pontegadea Inmobiliaria had bought the tower from Abu Dhabi tycoon Khadem... read more
- 12:23 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte addresses transfer rumours about star...
- 12:23 Demetrious Johnson retains UFC flyweight title with win over Tim...
- 12:22 Horror as daughter of top EU official raped and murdered by Afghan...
- 12:19 Man loses eye after contact lens became infected by bacteria found...
- 12:18 Bournemouth v Liverpool: LIVE Premier League scores and updates...
- 12:18 Pendle nursery ‘overjoyed’ with national award
- 12:18 Award winning band set to play in East Lancashire
- 12:18 I’m longing for the day my son can tell me he loves me
- 12:17 Awards for High School students
- 12:17 Mercedes to sign Nico Rosberg replacement before end of the year,...
- 12:17 Christmas fundraiser showcases work of Dementia Support South Lincs
- 12:14 Turns out Liverpool ARE playing in the Champions League
- 12:13 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 12:13 Ironville and Codnor Park Primary School is 'inadequate'
- 12:13 Shop hopes to win licence by not selling super-strength alcohol
- 12:12 Man Utd Transfer News: Shock double Everton swoop, £60m Real raid,...
- 12:10 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 12:10 Teen’s tragic death is stark reminder on why not to drink or drug...
- 12:08 Award winning band set to play in East Lancashire
- 12:07 Two-car collision causing delays on the A38
- 12:07 Halloween boosts profits for Alton Towers owner
- 12:07 Mum campaigns for traffic lights outside North Wingfield primary
- 12:06 Donation made to food bank is a timely boost before Christmas
- 12:06 Grantham Journal letter: Centre has failed spectacularly
- 12:04 Matt Palmer wants to back up stunning first goal of the season for...
- 12:04 Bournemouth vs Liverpool LIVE: Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino...
- 12:03 Fire at large Derbyshire building
- 12:03 Police cordon and forensics outside Nottingham's Pryzm nightclub
- 12:00 Bluebell Hospice needs you!
- 11:58 River Trent search after person goes overboard from vessel