Zambia's HIV 'warrior' MP taking on taboos
Princess Kasune is one of Zambia's most outspoken HIV activists and was elected as an opposition MP in August.
She tested positive to HIV in 1997 and the next year went public about her status, defying her husband - and traditional taboos - in doing so.
"I felt like a ray of light had hit me after testing positive and I shouted 'Praise God!'. Such a reaction was not humanly possible even for me to understand but I looked at it as an avenue to change the lives of others," the 40-year-old told the BBC.
"When I realised that I was HIV-positive, I realised that I had a... read more
- 12:54 New principal soon to start at Theddlethorpe Academy
- 12:53 Brilliant moment enthusiastic Hull workmen show they've got 'rhythm'
- 12:53 Woman drowns at south Lincolnshire nature reserve after entering...
- 12:53 Mental health unit patient set fire to bed
- 12:53 Protester hangs knickers outside office of MP who blocked...
- 12:53 Concerns over stroke services mount ahead of move to Carlisle
- 12:53 Banger bid to conquer huge rally
- 12:51 World Cup group H: Poland vs. Senegal team news, kick-off time and...
- 12:51 Merseyside school sends pupils and teachers home in midst of toilet...
- 12:50 What is magnet fishing and why is it dangerous?
- 12:50 Yorkshire Bank could vanish from High Street as group agrees £1.7bn...
- 12:49 The 35 medicines no longer available on NHS prescription from this...
- 12:49 VIDEO: Banbury getting behind England with decorated houses
- 12:49 Booths free hot drink scheme to be cut
- 12:49 Britain’s Got Talent winner Lost Voice Guy announces North East...
- 12:48 A sexpert teaches us how to be really good at dirty talking
- 12:48 PICTURES: Chapel-en-le-Frith carnival proves hit with crowds
- 12:47 Gary Gold's blazing Eagles beat Scotland – US rugby has momentum
- 12:47 Two deny murdering Ozell Pemberton in Sutton Coldfield town centre
- 12:47 Mars is coming closer to Earth than it’s been in 15 years and you...
- 12:47 British Superbikes: Peter Hickman maintains top form at Snetterton
- 12:47 Man Utd star Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola hits out: There is a...
- 12:47 Locks to look forward to as Hairspray bounces back to city
- 12:47 The 35 medicines no longer available on NHS prescription from this...
- 12:45 What is magnet fishing and why is it dangerous?
- 12:45 The 35 medicines no longer available on NHS prescription from this...
- 12:45 Yorkshire Bank could vanish from High Street as group agrees £1.7bn...
- 12:44 Upskirting row: MP's office targeted in 'pants protest'
- 12:44 Plans to change hospital stroke units are challenged
- 12:44 Locks to look forward to as Hairspray bounces back to city