YP Letters: Rural communities feel austerity’s impact too
From: Daniel Vulliamy, Secretary, Driffield & Rural Branch Labour Party.
YOUR correspondent, PA Sherwood, is correct about the hollowing out of NHS facilities in rural areas (The Yorkshire Post, January 20). The big urban centres of Bradford, Leeds and Hull have undoubtedly faced the biggest percentage cuts in funding by the Tories since 2010, but rural areas are suffering too.
When local bus services are cut, when ambulance services have to make savings, when smaller schools have to be closed, when the number of post offices has to be reduced, where will those cuts fall and do the... read more
- 07:51 Father and daughter step out for charity
- 07:51 Green-fingered Brownies lend a hand
- 07:51 Popular landlord and colourful character dies
- 07:51 Antiques show heads to Alnwick
- 07:51 Celebrating LGBT culture and life in Northumberland
- 07:51 Latest results from the courts
- 07:51 Northumberland Day – a celebration of our heritage
- 07:51 GALLERY: A trip to the Farne Islands.
- 07:44 Edinburgh Woollen Mill confirms it will move headquarters to Carlisle
- 07:43 Why cockroach milk is the ultimate ‘superfood’
- 07:41 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:40 Man from north London charged with terrorism offences
- 07:40 Cash converters: could this Dutch scheme stop drivers speeding?
- 07:40 Who betrayed Anne Frank? Book claims to shed new light on mystery
- 07:40 Leeds Windrush victim could not travel to see star athlete sister’s...
- 07:39 Parking your car the wrong way round could land you a £1000 fine
- 07:39 Stories of good deeds
- 07:39 City centre is now bereft of trees
- 07:39 'Jealous' Northampton woman yanked out ex-boyfriend's dreadlocks...
- 07:39 'I feared for my life': Woman's account of alleged kidnap and sex...
- 07:38 Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following...
- 07:34 Orphaned fox cub rescued from busy road by West Cumbrian animal...
- 07:34 Global health conference to return to Cumbria after snow forced...
- 07:34 Police crush major Carlisle drug conspiracy
- 07:34 Hats off to Headway with teddies, titters and titfers
- 07:29 Someone’s made a Bop It! themed sex toy
- 07:29 Man due in court accused of killing Sheffield baby
- 07:27 Dickens learned a lot during difficult season at Saints
- 07:26 Global health conference to return to Cumbria after snow forced...
- 07:26 Britain’s worst road accidents