Your views on Derby's street drinking problem: stop their benefits and jail repeat offenders
Derby Telegraph readers have said the problem of street drinking in the city is getting worse. It comes as we continue to examine the problem after talking to the police, council and civic leaders about their thoughts on it.
More than 100 people have spoken out after we ran our special report looking into the issue of street drinkers blighting our streets.
They were especially angered by comments made by Derby City Councillor Asaf Afzal. He said the problem was no worse than other cities and thought the problem had not "significantly increased". Read what he said here.
On... read more
- 11:06 Police officers and staff from Leicestershire preparing to run the...
- 11:04 Arsene Wenger reveals Santi Cazorla may receive new Arsenal deal...
- 11:04 March retail sales fell 1.2% due to beastly weather
- 11:04 Theresa May will struggle to overturn Brexit defeat on custom union...
- 11:02 New patrol service introduced by Fylde Council for great outdoors
- 11:02 Wigan neighbours scoop £60,000 on postcode lottery
- 11:02 Doncaster communities gear up for Yorkshire cycle fest
- 11:01 New build homes can save Doncaster homeowners £629 per year on...
- 11:01 NHS Tayside crisis: leadership set-up is ‘high risk’
- 11:00 Leader pays tribute after death of Lichfield councillor
- 11:00 Loyal Paul rewarded for two decades of service
- 11:00 SPECIAL REPORT: Cash-strapped Northamptonshire County Council paid...
- 11:00 Have your say on the future of Northamptonshire's children's centre...
- 10:59 Temperatures could reach 28C in parts of UK
- 10:58 Countdown on for big St George’s Day bash in Lytham
- 10:58 A Word In Your Ear - April 19, 2018
- 10:58 Rugby league finally has a national women’s competition to celebrate
- 10:58 The Thing Is with Steve Canavan
- 10:58 How to succeed at work, according to Elon Musk: Billionaire reveals...
- 10:58 Terrifying moment gangster blasts a sawn-off shotgun at a house in...
- 10:58 Liverpool expected XI: Jurgen Klopp to make changes to his 4-3-3 to...
- 10:57 Gwyneth Paltrow swaps engagement ring for band engraved with Brad...
- 10:56 Police appeal after two burglaries in Horncastle area
- 10:56 Coventry City find site for new training ground - but it's still a...
- 10:56 Anger over rail delays lead to calls for clarity as bosses slam...
- 10:56 Grantham car racing club seeks fresh farmland race track
- 10:56 Four SKDC bosses earn more than £100,000
- 10:55 Buchanan calls for repeat of title-winning spirit, and says ‘this...
- 10:55 Ikea's TaskRabbit app back online after data breach
- 10:55 TalkTalk and Vodafone top complaints chart again