Your pension at risk: Firms warn savers against raiding their pensions for quick cash
In the April budget of 2015 Chancellor George Osborne made a number of radical changes to how British savers prepare for retirement.
The change promised, “freedom and choice in pensions” and the ability for people to unlock the value in their pensions and use it for other investments that could provide value in later life, like a new home, or a more aggressive investment portfolio.
At the time, MoneySavingExpert Martin Lewis said: “I suspect George Osborne does picture himself as a financial freedom fighter. Yet only time will tell whether these reforms will paint him as the man who... read more
- 16:48 Received pronunciation may be dying out – but its passing is long...
- 16:47 Woman admits drink driving outside primary school
- 16:47 Cranes making "good progress" on Central Plaza works
- 16:47 Can you help find the family of a man who died in Hartlepool?
- 16:46 Tesco delays Clubcard changes after customer backlash
- 16:46 Is Trump administration losing the China trade war?
- 16:43 'Strip Northern of the franchise': Rail passengers slam shambolic...
- 16:42 Ringstead charity’s campaign to raise £30,000 in 30 days to mark 30...
- 16:42 Closed Sheffield church mounts appeal to pay for £120,000 ceiling...
- 16:41 Child sexual abuse and the Catholic Church: What you need to know
- 16:41 Brexit made every home in Yorkshire £900 poorer, according to Bank...
- 16:38 WATCH: Higher Wheelton girl honoured with national Macmillan award...
- 16:38 Military veterans are ‘not confident getting the help they need...
- 16:37 Northamptonshire governance crisis ends Cherwell council partnership
- 16:37 Oxfordshire County Council retains ‘good’ Ofsted rating for...
- 16:36 Northamptonshire governance crisis ends Cherwell council partnership
- 16:36 Knightcote murder trial: Jury to decide whether Warwickshire pilot...
- 16:33 Six ways the royal wedding will rewire your summer look
- 16:33 Tesco home delivery customers left fuming over computer glitch
- 16:33 Harry Potter and Tom Kerridge fuel Bloomsbury's record revenue
- 16:34 Joy at birth of incredibly rare reindeer twins in Highlands
- 16:33 What is ruby chocolate and how is it made?
- 16:33 Scottish employment numbers hit record high
- 16:33 Jet Airways now offers direct flights from Manchester to Mumbai
- 16:33 Can you listen to music during Ramadan?
- 16:33 With Google Lens, you might not need to remember the name of...
- 16:33 Harry and Meghan attend first royal event since wedding
- 16:33 Harry and Meghan make first appearance as married couple at...
- 16:33 Watch: Former Coventry City winger slapped by Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- 16:33 How much are your old movie posters worth?