'Your life is threatened - and you think again': Moving letters will change your mind about hospices
They are the heartwarming words that show why Leicester's Loros hospice is such an extra-special place.
These letters from a patient, a young boy whose grandfather was cared for at the hospice, doctor, nurse and domestic reveal the different aspects of Loros's work - and the incredible job it does.
The Mercury is publishing these letters to mark the end of Hospice Care Week and to celebrate what the Groby Road charity does for people in Leicestershire.
And to the staff and volunteers at the hospice whose hard work and care bring a glimmer of light to patients and families during their... read more
- 10:37 Video: loft converted to football shrine voted Britain's best man cave
- 10:37 'Smacking makes children more badly behaved'
- 10:37 Seven facts to know for International Men’s Day
- 10:37 Study reveals the uni courses that’ll make you rich - and those...
- 10:37 Hulk reveals Premier League offer after talking up Arsenal transfer
- 10:37 Poll: Where will Sunderland finish this season with Chris Coleman...
- 10:36 Photo firm closes after 63 years
- 10:36 'Smacking makes children more badly behaved'
- 10:34 Six men who could replace Chris Coleman as Wales manager
- 10:34 Last night's North Wales football results and rest of the weekend...
- 10:34 Ashby pervert admits trying to meet underage girl for sex in Hilton
- 10:33 Amir Khan calls public spat with wife Faryal Makhdoom ’embarrassing’
- 10:31 North Wales restaurant review: Upstairs at The Gresham, Llandudno
- 10:31 Blabbing secrets by accident
- 10:30 Councillor slams constitution proposal
- 10:30 Everything you need to know about Fulham v Derby County; team news,...
- 10:29 Girls complete bungee jump
- 10:29 Councillor slams constitution proposal
- 10:28 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:27 Police gearing up for the arrival of Millwall fans ahead of today's...
- 10:27 Lowlife thieves steal charity cash from mum of young Down's...
- 10:25 In demand guitarist John Smith set for festival date
- 10:21 Appeal to find calendar snaps
- 10:20 Grandad’s shop at the Spot sold everything from shoes to shovels
- 10:18 Livingston head coach David Hopkin knows his team can't take...
- 10:18 More than £4000 raised for charity in memory of Barrow rugby star
- 10:17 BBC Children in Need agree funding for deaf children for another...
- 10:16 WEEKEND WEB: Free Press nostalgia from 2011
- 10:16 Man punched confused pensioner unconscious after mistaking him for...
- 10:15 WEATHER: Cloudy day with patchy rain for Derbyshire