Young women 'shut out of jobs market' by lack of support
Glynn, now 26, got pregnant at 16, and left school with very poor GCSEs.
It was a struggle to get work with a small baby in tow, and a bricklaying apprenticeship ended after three months, due to workplace bullying.
Glynn's story is typical of more than a quarter of a million young women who need more support to find work, according to the Young Women's Trust.
Being shut out of the workforce leads to isolation and depression for too many young women, says YWT in a report.
The latest official figures show 285,000 young women are currently classed as economically inactive (not working and not... read more
- 07:32 China sentences prominent rights lawyer in closed trial
- 07:32 Nicola Sturgeon urges SNP vote ‘for public services’
- 07:31 'Sympathetic' planning committee approve 900mm gap between homes...
- 07:31 Mixed reaction to brewery's 'swearing ban' in South Yorkshire pubs
- 07:31 'Dangerous' outbuildings in Waltham will be demolished to make way...
- 07:31 Man suffered double heart attack after biting into cheeseburger
- 07:31 Police will use controversial spit hoods in Grimsby IF a trial is...
- 07:31 Shock figures reveal 1 in 6 of us are drinking more alcohol than we...
- 07:31 Step up security at bus depot OR I QUIT - cafe owner's frustration...
- 07:31 Sony expects 73.2 percent annual profit jump as it recovers from...
- 07:31 M&S to trial online grocery service
- 07:31 Profit-taking trips up Asian stocks, Korean won slips on Trump...
- 07:30 Emmerdale spoiler: When will Rhona Goskirk’s rape plot end? Boss...
- 07:30 Emmerdale spoiler: Boss reveals who exposes Emma Barton’s killer...
- 07:30 Emmerdale spoiler: Robert and Aaron for HOUR special as marriage...
- 07:30 Michael Sheen film shoot welcomes apprentices
- 07:30 Carol Kirkwood shows off sexy dance moves in hilarious BBC...
- 07:30 CCTV APPEAL: Man armed with knife robs Fulwood shop
- 07:29 Hospital ward to reopen to visitors following norovirus outbreak
- 07:29 Would-be firefighter offers help after Cumbrian warehouse fire
- 07:29 Rail passengers in Cumbria facing disruption because of strike
- 07:29 Phillip Schofield dons Joseph’s Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat one...
- 07:29 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:28 Premier League boss plays down summer move for Chelsea star
- 07:27 Farm incomes slashed by almost 50% in one year
- 07:26 Microsoft Surface sales sink, shares dip
- 07:26 Sol Campbell identifies TWO defenders Arsenal should target...
- 07:26 Skiing on timetable for Ilkeston pupils
- 07:23 Olympus scandal: Former bosses to pay $529m over fraud
- 07:23 Barclays profits more than double