Young mother who falsely claimed £15,000 of benefits avoids jail
A woman has avoided jail for cheating the benefits system of over £15,000.
Victoria Nassau, 27, falsely claimed income support and housing benefit between 2013 and 2015, Teesside Magistrates’ Court heard.
She accumulated £15,610.97 in benefits that she was not entitled to, as she was living with her on/off partner at the time.
David Madison, prosecuting, said: “From the end of February 2013 Miss Nassau claimed for herself and her one dependent child.”
He added that Nassau failed to declare a change in her circumstances, namely that she began “living as husband and wife” with her partner.
A... read more
- 04:29 Nasa waits on Cassini radio contact from Saturn
- 04:29 Couple die holding hands after 69 years of marriage
- 04:28 U.S., South Korea agree THAAD deployment going smoothly - South Korea
- 04:28 South Korea, U.S. warn of punishment for North Korea; U.S. stresses...
- 04:27 Chinese troops along North Korean border ‘on HIGH ALERT’ amid fears...
- 04:19 Jayne Dowle: Why we’re failing to help pupils reach for the stars
- 04:18 Horse Racing Tips April 27: Beverley, Chelmsford City, Market...
- 04:15 Conor McGregor's manager reveals why Floyd Mayweather fight is...
- 04:08 Orgreave files: Government urged to consider release
- 04:04 Paraguay MPs reject amendment allowing president re-election
- 04:01 Hummus be joking! UK in meltdown over dip shortage
- 03:59 Derbyshire hoping to improve record against Durham
- 03:58 Digital ad spend jumps 22 percent to $72.5 billion in 2016: report
- 03:54 Oil prices fall on lingering oversupply concerns
- 03:54 Chinese banks, brokers eye robo advice for edge on competition
- 03:50 Nikkei gives back some gains, BOJ awaited
- 03:45 Filming of Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead in JEOPARDY over...
- 03:36 Neil McNicholas: Calling the useless quangos to account
- 03:28 Hummus shortage leaves North East middle classes in dip disarray
- 03:25 Israel seeks U.S. backing to avert permanent Iran foothold in Syria
- 03:25 Brazil lawmakers pass labour bill in bittersweet victory for Temer
- 03:24 Ex-Rangers owner Sir David Murray says he had 'no relationship'...
- 03:21 South Korea raises 2017 export outlook, April shipments seen surging
- 03:14 Inquiry into renewable heat incentive scheme to convene
- 03:14 Abuse reports must be taken seriously, says charity after Alice...
- 03:14 Bradley Lowery returns to hospital as mother reveals his...
- 03:14 Court to consider Government's delay on revealing air pollution plan
- 03:02 'My vision is like looking through a straw'
- 03:02 At what age do you feel you have reached adulthood?
- 02:57 North Korea vows to ‘BREAK the Earth’ with ‘5 MILLION nuclear...