Young man killed in ‘Britain’s first Pokemon Go murder’
A young man was killed in a late-night attack in what is feared to be the first UK death related to Pokemon Go.
Tributes have been paid to Carl Gregory, 20, who has been named locally as the man found dead at a shopping centre in Broadstairs, Kent.
Hundreds turn out for funeral of war hero where just five people were expected Two men, aged 20 and 27, have been arrested on suspicion of his murder and remain in custody.
In a Facebook post that has since been deleted, the mother of Mr Gregory’s girlfriend indicated that he was playing the game when he died, the Sun reported.
She wrote:... read more
- 15:10 Where do the most wheelie bin fires happen in Nottinghamshire?
- 15:09 Liverpool ace set to sign new bumper deal: Huge boost for Jurgen Klopp
- 15:09 Liverpool deal imminent, striker arrives at Manchester United,...
- 15:09 Rutherford name for cancer centre under construction in Northumberland
- 15:09 What EXACTLY did the Spice Girls mean when they sang...
- 15:09 WEATHER WARNING: Heavy snow forecast for parts of Northumberland
- 15:09 APPEAL: Murderers of Maltby pensioner, 80, are still at large
- 15:09 Mum spent 40 years searching for baby's grave - and found she was...
- 15:09 Massive new Carluccio’s restaurant in Solihull town centre...
- 15:09 West Brom's Gareth McAuley on owning a golf shop, collecting...
- 15:09 Calthorpe Estates expands senior team
- 15:09 How West Brom can turn an encouraging season into a brilliant one
- 15:09 Northumberland school buildings need £2k per pupil to bring them up...
- 15:08 Chance to boldly go with £4m Enterprise
- 15:08 Mum claims damages after horror cyst ordeal
- 15:08 Each area will have 'chapter' in local plan
- 15:08 Bye-bye Byron Street
- 15:08 Kitchen clink: Rogue trader jailed for fraud
- 15:07 Children brave chop to help young people with cancer
- 15:07 Storm Doris to bring 80mph winds and heavy rain
- 15:06 Digger Festival organisers and artists celebrate George Orwell
- 15:06 Nissan says Brexit-induced fall in pound left it slightly worse off
- 15:06 New BBC Scotland channel a “shift in the right direction”
- 15:06 India's Snapdeal to cut 600 staff, founders forego salary
- 15:06 VIDEO: Bumpy landings for planes at Yorkshire airport as Storm...
- 15:05 Ayrshire boxing legend Alec Mullen backs Irvine ace Ryan Collins to...
- 15:05 Crime scene investigation officers in West Cumbrian town centre
- 15:04 South Sudanese exiles fear kidnap after activists disappear in Kenya
- 15:04 Eden Hazard: Why Chelsea have been so good at Stamford Bridge this...
- 15:04 Manchester United take advantage of bizarre 'loophole' ahead of...