Young and old take part in Walk for Parkinson’s at Burghley House
0 Have your say A fantastic 180 people took part in a Walk for Parkinson’s event at Burghley House on Sunday.
Walkers, who were all fundraising for Parkinson’s UK, chose either a three or 10-mile route around the grounds of the impressive Elizabethan property.
The charity hopes to raise £8,000 from the day which is one of a series of 35 Walk for Parkinson’s events up and down the country.
Staff at the charity are hoping the series of walks will top £315,000 in funds raised.
Katie Thomas, regional fundraiser for Parkinson’s UK in the East Midlands, said she was delighted to see beautiful... read more
- 19:06 5 things you might have missed in North Wales: January 23, 2017
- 19:05 Homes evacuated after explosion in block of flats in east London
- 19:05 Schoolboy, 16, rejects £5 million for website he created in...
- 19:05 Man spared jail for stabbing brother for eating his chicken sandwich
- 19:04 Hornchurch homes evacuated following 'explosion' in block of flats
- 19:03 Clifton hairdresser spared immediate jail term afer admitting...
- 19:02 Former 'legal highs' Black Mamba and Spice reclassified under new law
- 19:02 Defence Secretary accused of 'secrecy' over Trident test
- 19:02 'Heroin took hold of my life - and it was easier to get crack than...
- 19:02 Racist stickers 'will be removed' after appearing in Aintree Village
- 19:02 Teenage gang hunted over assaults which left two victims seriously...
- 19:02 Police staff member charged with computer misuse
- 19:01 Paris rolls out colour-code stickers for cars to curb pollution
- 19:01 Little Mix Eirias Stadium tickets sold out
- 19:00 Freezing fog to hit Chester area tonight
- 19:00 Villagers in Stretton could be drinking in a new micro-pub with an...
- 18:59 Drumroll please! The title for Star Wars: Episode 8 has been revealed
- 18:58 Brothers jailed for trafficking workers from Poland to...
- 18:57 Model Hanne Gaby Odiele has revealed she’s intersex, but what does...
- 18:56 Tottenham's new 61,000-seater stadium has been engineered to make...
- 18:55 U.S. STOCKS TRIM LOSSES SLIGHTLY; S&P 500 DOWN 0.3 PCT, DOW DOWN...
- 18:55 Balkan push for new coal-fired plants raises environmental concerns
- 18:55 Video verdict: Wasps stumble into quarter-finals, Coventry and...
- 18:55 Ilkeston pupils hit the high notes for charity
- 18:54 Brainy beauty aims to break pageanting stereotype
- 18:54 VIDEO & 360 PHOTO: Picasso Linocuts exhibition opens in Yorkshire...
- 18:54 City Varieties date for folk-rock star Martha Wainwright
- 18:53 Take a look at the proposed flyover plans for A19 at Testo's junction
- 18:53 Brothers jailed for people trafficking and fraud
- 18:52 England coach Trevor Bayliss opens door to Stuart Broad and Steven...