YOU DID IT: Community raises £11k for disabled Buxton girl’s dolphin therapy
The £10,000 target to help a mentally and physically disabled Buxton girl receive intensive therapy has been smashed in just months thanks to the kindness of the community.
Lola Thomas, 10, is a medical miracle - she was born with a condition so rare that at one time only 20 people in the world had it, and she has defied the odds as doctors could not give her a life expectancy.
Her family, of Macclesfield Road, wanted to raise £10,000 to get her intensive dolphin therapy, and thanks to generous fundraising and donations £11,300 has been donated, with more still to come.
Mum Colleen said: “I... read more
- 06:57 REVEALED: The secret Netflix codes that unlock thousands of TV...
- 06:57 Cambridge University urged again to end fossil fuel investments
- 06:57 New ScotRail trains to ease crush on Edinburgh-Glasgow line
- 06:57 Climate change is slowing Atlantic currents that help keep us warm
- 06:57 Lesley Riddoch: Did the BBC mark me as a troublemaker?
- 06:57 Energy bills fall by up to 11 per cent compared with last year
- 06:57 University costs working-class students more, says NUS report
- 06:57 Donald Trump’s Turnberry wins top Scottish hotel award
- 06:57 PICTURES: 15 pictures that will make you nostalgic for Doncaster in...
- 06:57 Brian Monteith: Theresa May must show her resolve
- 06:56 REVEALED: The secret Netflix codes that unlock thousands of TV...
- 06:56 Climate change is slowing Atlantic currents that help keep us warm
- 06:55 Morrison denies Northern Territory's extra $260m is for lifting...
- 06:47 Tony Cascarino makes huge claim over Chelsea star Olivier Giroud
- 06:47 Mum ‘forced to make son disabled’ to save his life so doctors can...
- 06:46 WATCH: Family firm Recycling Lives is leading the way in green...
- 06:46 Could ‘Scarborough Fare’ branding boost historic harbour?
- 06:46 UK economy grew slower in first quarter of 2018 than last quarter...
- 06:46 Revealed: The worst anti-social behaviour hotspots in Blackpool
- 06:44 REVEALED: The secret Netflix codes that unlock thousands of TV...
- 06:44 Climate change is slowing Atlantic currents that help keep us warm
- 06:44 Energy bills fall by up to 11 per cent compared with last year
- 06:43 Commitment to make bus station a lot better
- 06:43 Davina McCall ready to fork over £2.5million for quickie divorce...
- 06:41 Austin says Cobblers ‘are going hunting’ as ‘magnificent’ Plymouth...
- 06:41 'Rock of Ages' performances help raise vital funds for Bury charity
- 06:40 'I love tech boys': Chinese job ads mirror sexist attitudes to...
- 06:40 Is this the last chance to save a section of Horncastle’s Roman wall?
- 06:40 REVEALED: The secret Netflix codes that unlock thousands of TV...
- 06:39 Joe Bor: ‘Anti-semitism and the power of comedy to combat it’