News from Yorkshire & Humber
Staff and pupils at a Sheffield primary school are celebrating a successful 2016 after boosting their Ofsted rating. Inspectors judged Gleadless Primary School to be good after their visit at the end of the year, after it ‘ required improvement’ in 2013.
ALL lanes are now open on the M62 near Leeds following an accident involving a number of vehicles earlier this morning. Highways England said one lane was closed on the eastbound M62 between junction 27 (Gildersome) and junction 28 (Tingley) following th
SENTENCE one of paragraph one of today’s Parliamentary report on schools policy, and the importance of teachers, could not be more categorical. “The quality of education in England depends on the quality of the teachers in our schools,” it says succinctl
Below are the enforcement locations for North Yorkshire Police’s mobile safety cameras for this week The safety cameras are now more visible than ever before with each of the vehicles bearing the same hi-vis livery as North Yorkshire Police’s marked vehi
A man has been charged with wasting police time after officers were called by a man allegedly making threats to kill in Pocklington. A 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill after police were called to Cherry Orchard Mews at
A 16-year-old was pulled from his moped and assaulted by man during a robbery in Scarborough. Police are appealing for information regarding a incident which took place on Wednesday February 1. A 16-year-old boy was riding his moped between 7.15pm and 7.
A WOMAN who attacked her ex-husband with a knife was told she had avoided going to prison "by the skin of her teeth". Gemma Marsden, 39, of Dark Lane, Amcotts, admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm against Andrew Booth on May 2....
A SCUNTHORPE resident has said she's sick of seeing a pile of rubbish near her home left by fly-tippers that has been there since October last year. Karen Spavin, of Priory Lane, got in touch with the Scunthorpe Telegraph to say that she has complained a
CONCERNS about air pollution have knocked back plans for 16 new one bedroom flats in Scunthorpe. Planners at North Lincolnshire Council's Planning Committee on February 8 rejected the plans for the flats off Holgate Road. The air quality that would be ca
IRON manager Graham Alexander said he is delighted to have Paddy Madden back in the Scunthorpe United starting line-up. Madden recently returned to the line-up after missing a number of weeks after picking up an injury following the 1-1 draw with Peterbo
IT IS a testament to Luke Daniels consistency that he has already racked up a century of appearances for Scunthorpe United. Daniels joined the Iron in January 2015 and over has now clocked up a century of appearances for the Iron in just over two years.
FIVE-a-side football teams from Brigg's Vale Academy represented North Lincolnshire as they took on schools from across the East Midlands at a tournament at the Soccer Dome at Derby County's Pride Park stadium. The Year 7 boys' and girls' teams faced sch
Follow our updates throughout the day as we bring you news on the traffic, travel and headlines across Hull and East Yorkshire as it happens. We'll be keeping an eye on the roads throughout the day to make sure you stay up to date with the latest travel
Construction work on a long-awaited high-speed rail project will cast a shadow over the lives of some residents for 17 years, an MP has claimed. Labour MP Sir Keir Starmer said the HS2 rail project, which is set to run through South Yorkshire, would have
A search has been launched with the intention of contacting every surviving D Day veteran. Remembrance Travel - the travel arm of the Royal British Legion - aims to get in touch with war heroes, to make them the offer of a free-of-charge trip to Normandy
- 07:51 Positive traits of each club's fans according to YouGov - these are...
- 07:50 'True team effort' helps transform Sheffield primary school
- 07:49 'There was blood everywhere' - Witness tells of horrific scene...
- 07:48 Chelsea legend says he was baffled by Arsene Wenger Cup clash decision
- 07:47 Arsenal target Leonardo Jardim wants Premier League job
- 07:47 Kyle Edmund through in Delray Beach as Adrian Mannarino defaults...
- 07:46 The morning news headlines: Ministers dismiss business rates...
- 07:46 Five killed after plane crashes into shopping mall in Australia
- 07:45 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 07:45 The morning news headlines: Ministers dismiss business rates...
- 07:45 Substantial damage caused to parked car during hit-and-run in Askam
- 07:45 Today's Weather: dim and damp
- 07:45 Tuesday traffic updates
- 07:44 Police remind people not to open their doors to ‘unfamiliar cattle’
- 07:44 Multi vehicle accident on M62 near Leeds
- 07:42 YP Comment: Quality teaching can change lives. Schools only as good...
- 07:41 Aston Villa digest: Newcastle United aftermath; Henri Lansbury...
- 07:41 Birmingham City digest: Gianfranco Zola latest; Jack Storer on...
- 07:40 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 21
- 07:40 Merkel's conservative moves ahead of SPD in latest poll by INSA
- 07:40 Speed cameras: where to spot them
- 07:39 Rapist teacher who romped with pupils in her car avoids 30-year...
- 07:39 Farc rebels in Colombia begin disarmament process
- 07:38 Kevin De Bruyne: Man City can't compete with Man United and...
- 07:38 EXCLUSIVE - China's Sinochem may sell 40 percent stake in Brazil's...
- 07:38 Transfer News: Arsenal to open Insigne talks, winger eyes Man Utd,...
- 07:38 Anglo American reports 25 percent rise in core earnings, to resume...
- 07:38 Man charged after police incident in Pocklington
- 07:37 Teenager pulled from moped in Scarborough robbery
- 07:37 Fan of ‘The Bill’ needs one DVD to complete collection of more than...