York City enter the realms of farce as they sack manager Jackie McNamara, only to ask him to continue in charge until they find the right replacement
York City's state of disarray continues after Jackie McNamara was sacked as manager, but asked to continue in charge until the club find a replacement.
The bizarre situation surrounding the Vanarama National League club began when McNamara agreed to resign if his team failed to 'get a positive result' from their trip to Braintree last weekend. A 1-1 draw at Cressing Road Stadium duly followed, but that wasn't enough to keep the 42-year-old in his position.
On Monday, York confirmed McNamara had stepped down as manager in the best interests of the club. But with no immediate successor lined... read more
- 08:10 Updated: Emergency services stood down after bomb scare
- 08:10 Gmail hack: Even tech-savvy users fooled by sophisticated phishing...
- 08:09 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 08:09 The morning news headlines: Theresa May faces questioning by MPs...
- 08:09 ‘Paedophile hunter’ was a child abuser himself
- 08:09 Country & Coast: Innocent awakenings offer the first signs of spring
- 08:09 Anger at hotel shutdown
- 08:09 Juventus to offer Arsenal audacious Miralem Pjanic swap deal for...
- 08:08 World healthcare expert applauds 'pioneering' scheme in Millom
- 08:08 Century-old Lucy still loving life down on the farm in Barrow
- 08:08 Two separate bids made to run Dalton zoo
- 08:08 Barrow man ordered to reduce alcohol intake after drunkenly kicking...
- 08:08 Warnings made of pothole 'tipping point' as funding allocation for...
- 08:08 Friends of the X112 horrified after vital funds are sent back to...
- 08:08 Ulverston Post Office closure came "out of the blue" according to...
- 08:08 EXCLUSIVE: Barrow firefighters say 'There has never been a greater...
- 08:08 Thousands missing out on 'grandparents' credit'
- 08:07 A big thank you from National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas for...
- 08:07 New occupant for Edinburgh’s BioQuarter life sciences hub
- 08:06 Why aren’t we buying tampons anymore?
- 08:06 Hurrah for Gin! These gin drawings perfectly capture the struggles...
- 08:06 Chinese New Year: Find out which animal you are and what that means
- 08:06 RPT-Brexit drives push for bigger Frankfurt role in exchange merger
- 08:05 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 08:05 Preston’s Harris in danger of ‘mutilation’ says society
- 08:04 Who are the runners and riders for the top job at Hartlepool United?
- 08:04 Colliery clean-up recruits the community for 10-week project
- 08:04 Police appeal after Hartlepool cyclist injured in hit and run
- 08:04 Nelson and Colne College launch new University Centre
- 08:04 Medication stolen from vehicle