Yoghurt pots may be pulled from supermarket shelves or slimmed down to cut their sugar content
Dairy giants could be shamed into taking some yoghurt pots off shelves and downsize others in an attack on sugar by health watchdogs.
Public Health England, which has been put in charge of part of the Government's Childhood Obesity Strategy, is alarmed that sugary yoghurts are fuelling weight gain.
Like fizzy drinks, many flavoured yoghurts are packed with sugar, however they will not be subject to the Government's planned sugar levy.
PHE has suggested that manufacturers should to cap the size of single serve pots of yoghurt at 125g.
It also wants to slash the average amount of sugar in... read more
- 13:26 Britain’s fury as Zimbabwe leader Robert Mugabe must be STRIPPED of...
- 13:24 Sellafield 'exercising extreme caution' as bomb disposal experts...
- 13:24 Woman suspected of Leeds knifepoint street robberies
- 13:23 Don’t put Vicks VapoRub in your vagina
- 13:22 Dimitri Oberlin confirms he rejected Manchester United transfer
- 13:21 Attack outside Littleover restaurant leaves victim needing hospital...
- 13:18 This is the law on having a bonfire and the nuisance it causes
- 13:18 Lego axes 1,400 jobs amid falling sales concerns
- 13:18 Take a look inside county's newest £2.2m GP surgery
- 13:17 Chelsea news: I’ve changed my opinion on Alvaro Morata - Sky Sports...
- 13:17 Man Utd team news: Henrikh Mkhitaryan to be dropped for...
- 13:17 Dangerous glass removed as Storm Brian hits Lancashire
- 13:16 Shamed Harvey Weinstein completes just ONE WEEK of sex addiction rehab
- 13:16 Real Madrid chiefs asked Tottenham for Harry Kane valuation before...
- 13:16 Katie Price cancels second gig due to ‘sudden unforeseen...
- 13:16 Dangerous glass removed as Storm Brian hits Lancashire
- 13:14 Towneley Park needs your votes
- 13:12 Hebburn man's plea to BAN Thomas Cook from Las Vegas following...
- 13:12 Ever had a visit from Home Group? You might want to check your...
- 13:12 Killer drivers can now get life - but this mum says laws must go...
- 13:12 Family holiday saved after travel agent goes the extra mile
- 13:10 Coventry City takeover talk "unnecessary and unwanted speculation"
- 13:10 Police officer ‘assaulted with glass’ at Warwick Runaway Mop
- 13:10 How to get cheaper parking at Bullring over half term
- 13:10 Timi Elsnik - Derby County Under-23 player profile and stats
- 13:08 Middlesbrough news: Stewart Downing reveals ‘big shock’ after Garry...
- 13:08 Ruben Neves: Wolves star Danny Batth lifts the lid on superstar...
- 13:08 Chelsea fans go into meltdown on Twitter after Pedro’s outrageous...
- 13:05 Vision to create £40million medical school in Chester unveiled
- 13:04 Woman suspected of Leeds knifepoint street robberies