Yoghurt pots may be pulled from supermarket shelves or slimmed down to cut their sugar content
Dairy giants could be shamed into taking some yoghurt pots off shelves and downsize others in an attack on sugar by health watchdogs.
Public Health England, which has been put in charge of part of the Government's Childhood Obesity Strategy, is alarmed that sugary yoghurts are fuelling weight gain.
Like fizzy drinks, many flavoured yoghurts are packed with sugar, however they will not be subject to the Government's planned sugar levy.
PHE has suggested that manufacturers should to cap the size of single serve pots of yoghurt at 125g.
It also wants to slash the average amount of sugar in... read more
- 09:09 China’s great leap forward in science
- 09:07 Donald Trump blames the FBI for not doing enough to stop Florida...
- 09:07 British charity backed by Meghan Markle denies staff sexually...
- 09:07 Special announcement: Thomas the Tank Engine is arriving in Carlisle
- 09:07 Donna Air confirms split from James Middleton revealing they...
- 09:06 Shocking images after car ploughs into garden wall
- 09:06 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:06 Kirklees student Haroon among the best in UK
- 09:04 IPL 2018 salaries: How much are Kohli, Dhoni and Smith paid? Which...
- 09:04 Winter Olympics 2018: Team GB curler Eve Muirhead makes revelation...
- 09:03 Sexual ‘exploitation’ warning to driving instructors
- 09:03 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:02 Jon Venables 'has secret girlfriend who knows he murdered James...
- 09:02 Meghan Markle 'fears royal life and is feeling constrained by...
- 09:02 Manchester United players shocked as Jose Mourinho launches furious...
- 09:00 Many reasons to celebrate for Middleton Cheney church
- 08:59 How about having a magical marble mirror cake for breakfast?
- 08:57 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:56 Motorway driving offences that could land you with HUGE fines – and...
- 08:56 Manchester United player ratings: How did Lukaku, Sanchez and co do...
- 08:56 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:54 Huge surge in interest for company’s trees
- 08:49 Range of changes at organisation
- 08:49 Children’s author promoting region
- 08:48 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news round up
- 08:47 Police investigation underway after 'deliberate' garden fire...
- 08:46 Noticeboards considered by Berwick Town Council
- 08:46 Ikea is set to launch a vegan hot dog later this year
- 08:42 The Long Read: 100 years of the Steeple Aston WI
- 08:41 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news round up