Yemen central bank crisis raises new famine fears
Intensive care wards in Yemen's hospitals are filled with emaciated children hooked up to monitors and drips - victims of food shortages that could get even worse due to a reorganisation of the central bank that is worrying importers.
With food ships finding it hard to get into Yemen's ports due to a virtual blockade by the Saudi-led coalition that has backed the government during an 18-month civil war, over half the country's 28 million people already do not have enough to eat, according to the United Nations.
Yemen's exiled president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, last month ordered the central... read more
- 12:51 Tottenham still 10 years behind rivals Arsenal, says Martin Keown
- 12:51 CCTV PICTURES: Break in at Buxton Barbers
- 12:50 Costa may be quitting its Bangor High Street shop
- 12:50 Labour rallies around Corbyn after Copeland fallout
- 12:50 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:50 Council delays decision on enforcing grave kerb rules
- 12:48 Jose Mourinho opens up on his Chelsea sacking: I thought it was big...
- 12:47 Inside story on award-winning cottage near Whitby
- 12:46 Leicester City target Roberto Mancini appears unfazed by potential...
- 12:46 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:46 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 12:46 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:46 'I love the beard' Celtic-daft Jay Beatty enjoys superstar meeting...
- 12:45 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:44 Son of football legend Pele locked up in Brazil as he fights drug...
- 12:44 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:43 Tottenham v Stoke LIVE: All the action and reaction as it happens...
- 12:43 Amy McKenzie: Heartbroken relatives call killer driver's jail...
- 12:41 Extra patrols around Lenton to combat mobile phone thefts
- 12:41 Kim Jong-nam: VX dose was 'high and lethal'
- 12:40 Tottenham v Stoke: Full team news and line-ups confirmed
- 12:40 Red Bull launch RB13 ahead of 2017 F1 season
- 12:40 Liverpool front of the queue to sign wonderkid: Antonio Conte won't...
- 12:40 Graeme Souness urges Dele Alli to keep aggressive streak: 'He has a...
- 12:40 Jockey George Baker airlifted to hospital after St Moritz fall...
- 12:40 Leicester City should be forced to play without a manager after...
- 12:40 PSG star Adrien Rabiot puts Arsenal on alert by revealing he would...
- 12:40 Coventry Bees axed from 2017 SGB Premiership: Updates and reaction
- 12:40 Coventry Bees kicked out of 2017 British Speedway Premiership
- 12:40 Man City's Raheem Sterling tries his hand in net - Bravo and...