Yellow lines scheme will kill my pub, says Telford landlady
0 Comments Mother-of-two Vicki Tranter said the historic Bull’s Head, in Milners Lane, Dawley Bank, could never survive if yellow lines were placed outside.
She said she had to stop them being put down on Wednesday, and it was only with a call to council leader Shaun Davies that the work was postponed.
She said: “The pub trade is hard enough as it is without another hurdle.
“I’ve been landlady here for nine years. We’re the last pub left in Dawley Bank. We have limited parking spaces – there’s only one, and that’s where I park.
“Behind us is a set of cottages and across the road is some... read more
- 11:38 Firm threatens legal action if it can't carry out fracking survey...
- 11:37 Collective shambles
- 11:37 Who is Marshall McLuhan, the star of the latest Google Doodle?
- 11:37 Pound v US dollar: GBP could surge against USD on Fed rate decision
- 11:36 Dave Mackay happy with workrate of his Stirling Albion side in...
- 11:36 Joanne Calderwood left raging after points decision goes against...
- 11:36 Boots faces morning-after pill cost row
- 11:35 First class garden for a flower show
- 11:35 Manchester United target Eric Dier keen on transfer despite...
- 11:35 How Linkin Park made rap metal memorable
- 11:35 Paper round-up: Barcelona want Coutinho, Wilshere to West Ham,...
- 11:34 Alliances made as Ulverston prepares for worst case scenario
- 11:34 National crime expert brings experience to Cumbria police service
- 11:35 Antonio Conte: Chelsea have signed a fantastic striker in...
- 11:34 Barrow fire boss praises his men after four-car inferno
- 11:34 Barrow school thankful for new inclusive sensory room
- 11:34 Barrow man jailed for carrying drugs and lock knife
- 11:34 Debate: Recorded crime figures on the rise
- 11:34 Twinkling Stars is officially world class
- 11:34 Cancer fighting cop's year of fundraising
- 11:32 Blac Chyna seems over Rob Kardashian scandal as she joins Nicki...
- 11:32 Family pays tribute to 'beautiful angel' mum-of-four killed in car...
- 11:32 What are the dangers, effects, and laws when it comes to Molly...
- 11:32 Coventry City matches set to be broadcast online
- 11:31 It's the fight club!
- 11:31 A successful run of sports development
- 11:31 These are the most common travel scams - and here's how to avoid them
- 11:31 Coroner rules concerns over care of elderly woman did not cause death
- 11:31 Police officer crisis as the numbers plummet
- 11:31 Motorist to stand trial