Yahoo users say the company is stopping them from moving to a different email platform by disabling automatic forwarding
As Yahoo's embattled email service suffers through a slew of bad news, some users are finding it hard to leave.
Automatic email forwarding was disabled at the beginning of the month, several users told The Associated Press.
While those who've set up forwarding in the past are unaffected, some who want to leave over recent hacking and surveillance revelations are struggling to switch to rival services.
'This is all extremely suspicious timing,' said Jason Danner, who runs an information technology business in Auckland, New Zealand, and is trying to quit Yahoo after 18 years with the email... read more
- 07:50 Cameron House reveals plans for lochside terrace revamp
- 07:50 Liverpool News: Big transfer claim, Premier League title blow,...
- 07:50 Pundit reveals why Manchester City will struggle against Tottenham...
- 07:49 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 20
- 07:49 Donald Trump Inauguration: 'America steps into the unknown'
- 07:47 Manchester United transfer odds on top summer signings including...
- 07:46 Generosity of fundraisers enables mum to stand up fully again
- 07:46 Trust chiefs face £290k business rates increase
- 07:46 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 07:44 Link road closed for two hours after lorry fire
- 07:44 Washington braces for massive protests as Trump becomes U.S. president
- 07:43 Manchester United should have signed this Tottenham star - Harry...
- 07:42 Three-vehicle smash closes lane of A19
- 07:42 Do you know this Corby man? He’s wanted on prison recall
- 07:41 Andy Murray beats Sam Querrey in third round of the Australian Open...
- 07:41 Dan Evans vs Bernard Tomic LIVE: Follow the action as Britain's No...
- 07:40 Trump protesters pepper sprayed by police in violent clash ahead...
- 07:39 Memory match: Aston Villa v PNE 1968
- 07:39 PNE midfield ace DJ prepares to face old club
- 07:38 Tributes paid to a war hero who was a ‘true gentleman’
- 07:38 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 07:38 Leicestershire weather: Mostly dry and cold. Frost and fog patches...
- 07:38 Daventry district beats national figures for employment
- 07:37 Five Leeds secondary schools fail to hit pupils’ progress targets
- 07:37 Leeds students combat social stigma in new exhibition
- 07:37 Royal Mail shares dip as letter deliveries continue to fall
- 07:37 Digital training hub opens in Leeds city centre
- 07:37 Video: Let It Shine singer visits Leeds primary school
- 07:37 Child's play gets a significant boost at school thanks to £27k project
- 07:37 Russia sees positive signs in Syria peace process - agencies cite...