Wymondham Windmill gets £70,000 boost for renovations and a new heritage project
Owners of a 200-year-old stone windmill are celebrating after receiving grants of more than £70,000 to help conserve the building and provide a heritage visitor centre.
Wymondham Windmill, which attracts 35,000 visitors every year, has been given £36,500 by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) and £34,500 from East Leicestershire LEADER to pay for a project billed as The Living Mill.
The Grade II listed building’s cap is to be lifted off to allow essential repairs to be carried out and a learning resource is to be set up telling the story of the mill and giving visitors the chance to learn... read more
- 10:53 Warning after crews tackle flat fire in Preston
- 10:53 Liverpool and Spurs eye former Premier League striker: January deal...
- 10:51 Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil working together to get more money...
- 10:48 Thug left partner covered in bite marks, bruises and scratches...
- 10:48 More than 100 motorists caught speeding on the A50 - in just three...
- 10:47 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:44 LIVE: Brentford v Burton Albion build-up, Brewers search for first...
- 10:44 Pop stars send messages of condolence to Doncaster's Louis...
- 10:38 People are loving the story of 60-year-old Sue’s first ever...
- 10:38 Traffic warning due to A5 closure after lorry blaze
- 10:36 Defibrillator stolen from Market Drayton Football Club
- 10:34 Shop open for business after cash machine ripped from wall
- 10:34 Coyle pleased with Rovers’ good form
- 10:33 Firefighters battle car blaze as police launch investigation
- 10:33 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:33 Police launch investigation after thieves target a van
- 10:29 Hark the herald - it’s time for Carols by Candlelight
- 10:28 Lincoln City to face Nantwich Town in FA Trophy first round
- 10:26 Police launch investigation after thieves target a van
- 10:24 First drive: 2017 Nissan X-Trail
- 10:23 Suspected car bomb kills two policemen at checkpoint near Somali...
- 10:21 Boots For Buddies appeal will ensure football is open to everyone
- 10:19 Red Dog Saloon given ONE star food hygiene rating
- 10:19 West Bridgford Dramatic Society's A Christmas Carol: Review
- 10:19 Celebrations as Ethel turns 103 today
- 10:18 ‘Large number’ affected by burst water main in Boston area
- 10:15 Marco Verratti believes Real Madrid and Barcelona would struggle in...
- 10:15 Hundreds of fish found dead at Sunderland lake which suffered...
- 10:15 Sunderland Echo poll shows u-turn on Brexit
- 10:14 Readers call for concert venue or swimming pool to be built at...