Wurzels legend Tommy Banner reveals secret heartache over death of his wife
Devastated Tommy, 77, revealed how wife Chris died last Valentine’s Day in February after suffering a long illness.
He kept the tragedy from fans while touring the country with the popular 'Scrumpy and Western band' best known for their 1976 hits The Combine Harvester and I Am A Cider Drinker.
Accordion player and singer Tommy announced his wife’s death on her birthday, October 7. She would have been 65.
Tommy - the longest standing member of the band who joined in 1967 - said: “The reason we as a family have left it until now to make this sad news known to all of you wonderful Wurzel... read more
- 13:13 Ben Stokes sets record price for an overseas player in IPL
- 13:13 Do Not Disturb: Macdonald Resort, Aviemore
- 13:12 Trump defends himself over SWEDEN terror claims and cites Fox News...
- 13:12 Man taken to hospital after attack on Chestnut Street in Deighton
- 13:12 In the courts of Lincolnshire...
- 13:11 "Wrexham AFC are a good side, we had to keep ourselves in the game"
- 13:10 Why it is now harder to illegally stream football and movies
- 13:10 Undercover police sting snared 'predatory' man trying to incite...
- 13:09 How can we alter farming practices in upland Wales to ensure its...
- 13:09 ‘Homeless’ begging gang pictured getting out of car together before...
- 13:09 VIDEO: Notts protesters try to stop council tree cull
- 13:09 Paedophile David Sutton smuggles blade into Hull court dock on...
- 13:09 Arson investigation after elderly man's mobility scooter set-alight
- 13:08 Joey Essex just swore live on This Morning – because of a ‘f**king...
- 13:08 Lucas Perez wants to leave Arsenal ‘at any cost’, confirms...
- 13:08 £117k youth club windfall
- 13:08 New chief commits to action plan on rural crime
- 13:07 Footage shows scuffles outside ground as Mansfield Town lose at...
- 13:07 Roe v Wade: plaintiff's death highlights weakening of abortion...
- 13:07 NHS trusts overspent by nearly £900m
- 13:06 Police probe 100-man brawl in city centre
- 13:06 Can you help this mother find her late son's lost artworks?
- 13:06 Is former Birmingham City hero Paul Caddis about to find a new club?
- 13:05 LETTER: Beakers were not just limited to Batley!
- 13:05 Shigellosis: Everything you need to know about this highly...
- 13:05 Fizzy drinks spark liver disease warning
- 13:05 Particles from outer space ‘wreaking low-grade havoc on mobile...
- 13:04 Confue on target but Town fail to take maximum points
- 13:04 Grammar school 'would be a waste'
- 13:04 Skiing soldier slaloms his way to glory