Wrexham man told cancer is inoperable just days before birth of first child vows to fight on
A 28-year-old told that his cancer is inoperable just days before the impending birth of his first child has vowed to fight on.
Ceri Dawson, from Coedpoeth, Wrexham, was given the devastating news on Thursday, as he and his wife Catrin, 26, were about to celebrate their fourth wedding anniversary.
The couple’s baby is due on Saturday.
Ceri, who had been having pains in his left arm, was about to fully qualify as a PE teacher when he collapsed at home more than four weeks ago.
He was taken to hospital and later diagnosed with pleomorphic soft tissue sarcoma - a rare type of cancer.
He... read more
- 03:11 'It's not enough, but it's a start' - 11 things you said about NHS...
- 02:58 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Friday, March 23, in...
- 02:47 'Industrial scale' fly-tipping blights Merthyr Tydfil
- 02:43 Government knife crime campaign uses teenagers' true stories
- 02:43 Streets remain cordoned off after Glasgow nightclub fire
- 02:36 Classic Brit awards to make comeback after five-year absence
- 02:29 China considers possible tariffs on $3bn worth of US goods
- 02:29 Tropical Cyclone Nora on track to hit Queensland coast as category...
- 02:14 Donald Trump’s ‘Playboy playmate ex-mistress’ apologizes to Melania...
- 02:06 Worksop man jailed for drink and drug-fuelled attack
- 01:59 Call for buyers to keep Salvador Dalí's lobster phone in UK
- 01:48 China promises to hit US with tariffs as stocks plunge amid fear of...
- 01:46 John Bolton: Bush-era war hawk makes comeback
- 01:45 Worksop man jailed for drink and drug-fuelled attack
- 01:45 Gareth Southgate says England cannot point finger at Russia over...
- 01:41 The Walking Dead's make-up man on the art of gore
- 01:41 Florida shooting: Why I'm marching on Washington DC
- 01:40 Bill Carmichael: The driving force behind Brexit deal
- 01:36 Sellafield Ltd's 11.7 per cent gender pay gap revealed
- 01:36 Hawkshead Brewery founders take top accolade at Cumbria Life Food...
- 01:34 The Yorkshire Post says: May warns EU over Russia - PM seeks...
- 01:33 Donald Trump ‘told Playboy playmate mistress he loved her’
- 01:33 Donald Trump ‘told Playboy playmate mistress he hated using condoms’
- 01:28 Westminster bullying: 'MPs must not discipline one another'
- 01:25 Sellafield Ltd's 11.7 per cent gender pay gap revealed
- 01:25 Hawkshead Brewery founders take top accolade at Cumbria Life Food...
- 01:25 The Yorkshire Post says: House price fears - Shortage of homes in...
- 01:25 The Yorkshire Post says: Stately restoration - Chatsworth reopens...
- 01:23 Drunk friends can’t recall what started brawl in Mansfield town centre
- 01:23 Worksop assault woman’s dog bit female cop