‘Worrying’ slump in confidence among Scots manufacturers
Confidence among Scotland’s manufacturers has shown a concerning fall from last year but there is some cause for optimism, according to new data from chartered accountant Henderson Loggie.
The firm, which has offices in Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen and Glasgow, found the number of firms in the sector north of the Border confident of growth in the coming year showed a year-on year drop of 14 per cent to 60 per cent.
This dip in confidence is worrying for the sector Gavin Black In addition, 23 per cent of respondents blamed the Brexit vote for a drop in confidence, with about a third... read more
- 21:27 Mohamed Salah to wear No.11 at Liverpool after completing £39m...
- 21:27 I’ll give county a determined and loud voice
- 21:27 Passengers face three more days of misery after new rail strike is...
- 21:25 Global stocks advance on modest oil bounce
- 21:25 U.S. voices concern about violence against monitors in east Ukraine
- 21:24 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp delighted with Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Done Deal: Liverpool complete Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Tail docking row: could it cost Nicola Sturgeon votes?
- 21:22 What can the SNP teach Theresa May about minority government?
- 21:22 May offers EU nationals the right to stay after Brexit
- 21:19 Wall St. ends flat but healthcare stocks rally
- 21:18 US man 'gave Chinese agent secrets'
- 21:17 Fears for missing Thornliebank pensioner as police appeal for...
- 21:16 Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore on brink of move to Lyon for £16m
- 21:16 Germany 1-1 Chile: Alexis Sanchez becomes country's record goal...
- 21:14 EU citizens WILL be able to stay in the UK after Brexit
- 21:14 Fabinho to Man Utd: Monaco star admits he's tempted by Old Trafford...
- 21:10 Mohamed Salah targets silverware after completing Liverpool transfer
- 21:09 EastEnders spoiler: Michelle Fowler in DANGER as new man Tom’s...
- 21:08 Bank committee selects repo as Libor alternative for swaps
- 21:08 Unilever shows innovation still intact with 'once-in-a-decade'...
- 21:07 Prevent dementia with Mediterranean diet: One KEY food could...
- 21:07 Mystery over liquid that has turned River Colne toxic green in...
- 21:07 Liverpool confirm arrival of Mohamed Salah as Jurgen Klopp sparks...
- 21:05 Smoke billows over West End after fire in Soho
- 21:05 Middlesbrough boss Garry Monk tells Stewart Downing he is not wanted
- 21:03 May unveils offer on EU citizens
- 21:03 Mohamed Salah joins Liverpool: Egypt international speaks after...
- 21:03 Fourth man appears in Leeds court charged with murdering Raheem Wilks
- 21:03 Harrogate Music Festival: Win two tickets to see Sir Bryn Terfel