Worried about a child’s mental health? Here’s what you should do?
News that a quarter of a million children are receiving help from NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (Camhs) won’t be surprising to most teachers, social workers, nursery workers and health visitors. They know that in every school year or geographical area there is a small but significant number of people with emotional difficulties that are entrenched and severe.
These are the children for whom general interventions, such as school mentoring, social skills groups and community support do not help or do not help enough. These are the children parents, carers, professionals and... read more
- 19:05 Toronto van attack suspect charged with 10 counts of murder
- 19:05 Liverpool vs Roma: Robbie Savage gives his Champions League prediction
- 19:02 Windrush scandal: Albert Thompson gets cancer treatment date
- 19:01 ALFIE LATEST: Judge asks for options over poorly tot's treatment
- 18:59 Coventry City v Lincoln LIVE: Bayliss returns as Sky Blues welcome...
- 18:59 Champions off to an impressive start in Wildmoor League
- 18:59 Liverpool vs Roma LIVE STREAM: How to watch Champions League clash...
- 18:58 Maria Sharapova to drop out of top 50 after Caroline Garcia defeat
- 18:58 Germany's Jews urged not to wear kippahs after attacks
- 18:56 Owners not aware of 'epidemic' of trespassing at derelict Sheffield...
- 18:56 ALFIE LATEST: Judge asks for options over poorly tot's treatment
- 18:54 Director of Pateley accountancy firm thanks firefighters following...
- 18:54 Has Kim Kardashian taken it too far? Fans gobsmacked as star verges...
- 18:52 Yorkshire Paedophile hunters make public apology for falsely...
- 18:52 We have to stop the deadly trade in arms
- 18:52 Windrush scandal: Albert Thompson gets cancer treatment date
- 18:51 Canada developing quantum radar to detect stealth aircraft
- 18:48 Iran threatens to withdraw from nuclear weapons treaty
- 18:48 Experiments show we quickly adjust to seeing everything upside-down
- 18:47 Owners not aware of 'epidemic' of trespassing at derelict Sheffield...
- 18:46 Trains back to normal after accident at level crossing
- 18:45 Canelo Alvarez is a 'cheat' who should never fight again after his...
- 18:42 Zlat meets Jack! Zlatan Ibrahimovic poses with boxer Badou Jack and...
- 18:42 Alfie Evans latest - judge asks doctors about 'other options' but...
- 18:42 Manchester City starlet Oleksandr Zinchenko takes in Barcelona sun...
- 18:42 Arsenal News: Gunners hero reveals who must replace Arsene Wenger
- 18:36 Director of Pateley accountancy firm thanks firefighters following...
- 18:36 Major National Space Centre revamp begins, this is what's changing
- 18:33 Waffle House shooting: police alerted to car theft days before assault
- 18:30 Police investigating sex attack want to speak to John Bennett