World study warns of England teachers' long hours
Teachers in England work some of the longest hours in the profession in the developed world, leaving them little time to develop their careers, a new report warns.
Half of the country's full-time teachers work 40-58 hours a week and a fifth work at least 60 hours a week, the analysis by the Education Policy Institute (EPI) concludes.
Its study looked at 36 countries and regions in Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) member states in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Australasia which set education policy and found that only teachers in Japan and the Canadian... read more
- 07:33 New flats plan for landmark Chesterfield building
- 07:33 New lifeline in campaign to save Ryton Gardens
- 07:33 Mum took me on my first Race for Life. Now I'll start it in her honour
- 07:33 Coventry named sixth best UK city for a night out - yes really
- 07:33 Chelsea transfer news: Shock Championship star eyed as Hazard or...
- 07:28 Arthouse films battle squeeze from Netflix and blockbusters
- 07:28 Switch energy providers now to escape price rises
- 07:28 ‘I don’t need things. I have two suitcases with everything in’
- 07:28 Holiday money: how to find the best cards and currency rates
- 07:28 Are some landlords bending energy efficiency rules?
- 07:28 Is it worth buying expensive sun cream?
- 07:22 Man Utd transfer news: David de Gea NOT offered new deal - truth on...
- 07:20 Rugby’s charity Christmas card shop to close it doors
- 07:20 Yorkshire’s wetlands are prime spots to witness nature’s aerial...
- 07:20 New hatchlings boost Sedbergh’s efforts to save the swift
- 07:16 Boss Bates aiming for four new Pools signings in next 10 days
- 07:15 Dowson’s delighted to have key role with Boyd’s new-look Saints
- 07:13 Ballinger excited for new challenge with FC Stratford
- 07:13 PICTURE GALLERY: Stratford Snooker League presentation night
- 07:13 Lawyers saddle up for 3,700 mile cycling relay
- 07:13 Public-funded £3m office block could finally be fully occupied...
- 07:13 School slam 'destructive' pool group ahead of crunch meeting
- 07:13 Sailor speaks after Mayday rescue which had seven vessels on standby
- 07:10 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte sacking to be confirmed NEXT WEEK,...
- 07:10 Horninglow couple thank neighbours for replacing tent after it was...
- 07:09 Northampton pub installs double-decker bus-sized TV screen perfect...
- 07:08 The touching story behind Hull's homeless DJ
- 07:07 Donald Glover on the return of Atlanta: ‘I’m not making a TV show,...
- 07:05 What links Zinedine Zidane, Bob Paisley and Carlo Ancelotti? The...
- 07:04 Sturgeon says Brexit negotiations have ‘eroded’ trust in Westminster