'World's no. 1 Tom Jones impersonator' has only months to live after funding for life-saving heart operation is refused
A well-known Tom Jones impersonator has only months to live as the Welsh NHS has refused funding for a life-saving heart operation.
For the last 18 months John Prescott, from Rhos-on-Sea , has been battling heart failure and needs a transplant.
The 58-year-old - who has performed as Tom Jones on various TV shows and on promotional videos for the BBC's Six Nations coverage - is lucky to be alive since he suffered from a massive heart-attack in February. On his way by ambulance to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd paramedics had to re-start his heart 14 times.
As his condition further deteriorated the father... read more
- 15:32 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:32 Arsenal 4-1 West Ham: Late goals from Aaron Ramsey and Alexandre...
- 15:32 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:31 TV star Paul O'Grady devastated after death of his beloved dog Olga
- 15:29 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:29 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:29 Thousands of fans pay tribute to Avicii at Coachella following his...
- 15:26 Lesbian mum told baby won’t be legally registered because she is gay
- 15:25 Rafael Nadal beats Kei Nishikori to win the Monte Carlo Masters for...
- 15:25 Courts: Man avoids jail despite attack with rounders bat
- 15:24 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:24 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:22 Can you pass the UK citizenship test? Take this quiz and find out
- 15:22 Funding boost for police operation targeting Calderdale's dangerous...
- 15:22 How much do London Marathon 2018 winners get in prize money?
- 15:21 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:21 Police raid illegal Thai orgy and find ‘sweating middle-aged...
- 15:21 Majority get first choice school
- 15:21 Trump says North Korea nuclear crisis 'long way from conclusion'
- 15:19 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:19 Meeting to discuss access to cancer services for patients in Cumbria
- 15:18 WEEKEND WEB: Keeping people in their homes
- 15:18 Get the squad together: BBC Three is looking for mates to go on a...
- 15:18 Man arrested outside Birmingham Airport after 'threatening to shoot...
- 15:15 Vintage bike used to fight crime in Edinburgh bought for £265,000
- 15:11 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson gives epic surprise to a fan who asked...
- 15:11 Surge in number of Leicester kids in care triggers massive council...
- 15:10 The Gaitn Inn may be off the beaten track in Millington, but it’s...
- 15:10 The play-off 'lottery' is a myth - and Aston Villa must now prove...
- 15:09 Sir Mo beats the heat to post British record at London Marathon