World's first womb transplant patient describes having her baby using her mother's uterus as 'like science fiction'
Emelie Eriksson has a bond with her son that hardly seems possible - both she and her son were born from the same womb.
She was the first woman to have a baby after receiving a uterus from her mother, in a revolutionary operation that links three generations of their family.
Born without a womb, she was told she would never be able to have children.
But she received her mother's womb nearly two years ago, swiftly followed by the safe arrival of her son Albin.
'It's like science fiction,' she said. 'This is something that you read in history books and now in the future when you read about... read more
- 10:14 Sunderland youngsters show the way ahead for Chris Coleman
- 10:14 Coastguard rescue teams search for missing Blackhall man
- 10:14 Lancashire court listings - Monday, January 22, 2018
- 10:13 Abuse toll on the rise in the borough
- 10:13 Sellafield firefighters on strike today
- 10:13 Praise for emergency services after eight-car collision near Ripon
- 10:13 Driver failed breath test after car sleep
- 10:12 Coastguard rescue teams search for missing Blackhall man
- 10:12 Motorbike and tools stolen from farm near Kettering
- 10:12 Week of enforcement action begins in Northamptonshire against...
- 10:12 Praise for emergency services after eight-car collision near Ripon
- 10:12 Tools stolen from three vans in Stamford
- 10:09 Fire crews called to a house blaze - in Burnt House Road!
- 10:07 VIDEO: Dramatic CCTV footage of hit-and-run in Derbyshire released...
- 10:07 Young women avoid smear tests because they’re embarrassed about...
- 10:06 Egyptian FA president claims Mohamed Salah is a summer target for...
- 10:06 Police receive report about drunk youths urinating at Stamford bus...
- 10:05 See the BMI Priory Hospital's new Cancer Centre
- 10:05 Severe traffic delays across Tamworth after three-car collision
- 10:05 Birmingham City transfer news: Carlton Cole deal would have...
- 10:05 Salomon Rondon to visit James McCarthy in hospital after double leg...
- 10:05 Birmingham foster carer called disabled child 'it'
- 10:05 Doncaster pie restaurant in talks with potential new owners in bid...
- 10:05 Week of enforcement action begins in Northamptonshire against...
- 10:05 VIDEO: Dramatic CCTV footage of hit-and-run in Derbyshire released...
- 10:04 Police appeal after theft from Horncastle store
- 10:04 Morecambe RNLI lifeboat hero dies at 81
- 10:04 Sellafield firefighters on strike today
- 10:04 Driver taken to hospital after car ends up in a ditch at Old Dalby
- 10:03 Doncaster pie restaurant in talks with potential new owners in bid...