World's biggest botnet sends 12.5 MILLION emails containing ransomware that could destroy your computer: Here's how to spot one
Millions of computers are at risk of infection by a virulent spam attack that threatens to destroy your files, unless you pay a Bitcoin ransom.
The Scarab malware is being distributed by Necurs, the internet's largest email spam botnet, which has been used in a number of previous online onslaughts.
Within the first six hours of the attack 12.5 million emails had been distributed, with more than two million messages being sent out per hour at its height.
Scroll down for video
HOW TO SPOT ONE The biggest giveaway of a malware email is that they are sent without being asked for, so it is... read more
- 15:12 Police release E-fit of suspect after man is robbed on Doncaster...
- 15:11 Bassetlaw woman bought drugs at Christmas then forgot about them
- 15:10 Sheridan desperate for Fleetwood to end Highbury horror run against...
- 15:10 Search is on for lost north east memorials
- 15:10 In-form Fleetwood will have Cobblers boss Hasselbaink guessing
- 15:09 Changes to be made to bus stops and parking
- 15:09 FBI hunting for tattooed fugitive with DORK inked on his neck
- 15:08 Trophy success at double for cadets
- 15:08 Firm completes sale and leaseback deal
- 15:09 First World War hero George Peachment to be remembered in £8.5...
- 15:08 Thunder gets on board with Moody
- 15:08 Search is on for lost north east memorials
- 15:09 Magpie Recipe: Hake, wild mushroom, wild garlic & sherry cream
- 15:08 Prestigious award for franchisee
- 15:08 Training new generation of technologists
- 15:08 Two pharma companies collaborate
- 15:08 Containers given a new life on shore
- 15:07 Kirkby biker led cops on chase
- 15:07 Sutton man caught with drugs in motoring arrest
- 15:07 Thieves target ATM at Banbury Co-op 'with exploding foam'
- 15:07 Burton Albion players deliver coaching sessions at Stanton School...
- 15:06 Prison sentence quashed for Sutton Bridge man caught with indecent...
- 15:06 Manhunt launched after 59 burglaries across the region including...
- 15:06 Spen cadets know the drill
- 15:06 We think this teenager may have failed her driving test
- 15:05 Space age lessons delight pupils
- 15:05 Inspector Darren McKie guilty of wife's murder
- 15:05 Premier League big six transfer spend by position: Where has all...
- 15:05 Revealed: What these 6 common stomach pains mean and how to fix...
- 15:04 Prezzo to shut 94 restaurants with 500 jobs axed