World Heritage Site status 'slipping through Liverpool's fingers'
Liverpool’s World Heritage Site status is “slipping through its fingers because of short sighted planning decisions” according to heritage campaigners.
City council planners today approved proposals for a 22 storey student apartment block which will tower over Lime Street – despite fears of its impact on the city’s heritage status.
Read More New football pitches get go-ahead despite objectors' health fears
Located next to Liverpool’s Lime Street rail station and adjacent to existing student accommodation by applicant Unite, the site already had planning consent for a similar-sized building... read more
- 09:34 Best pubs to stop by during a walk in Lancashire
- 09:34 Delays on major Fleetwood road
- 09:34 Blackpool pupils learn how to grow their own food
- 09:33 Court briefs: Who's been up in court?
- 09:33 Best pubs to stop by during a walk in Lancashire
- 09:32 Best pubs to stop by during a walk in Lancashire
- 09:31 Next Chelsea manager: Slavisa Jokanovic discusses rumours ahead of...
- 09:31 Champions League EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool hero explains how Real Madrid...
- 09:31 Police find $28m cash in raids linked to Malaysia ex-PM Najib
- 09:30 Houston Rockets one win from NBA finals after edging Warriors in...
- 09:30 Alastair Cook admits ‘wicket did more than expected’ after England...
- 09:30 Funding crisis leaves High Peak school at ‘breaking point’
- 09:29 Anderson Talisca breaks silence on Manchester United and Liverpool...
- 09:28 Rodney Jackson, solicitor and judge
- 09:28 Have your say on tackling rural crime in your area
- 09:28 Champions League final: Liverpool fans' anger after Kiev flights...
- 09:27 Brexit, waiting times, funding: Generation Z on threats to the NHS
- 09:27 United Utliities spends £817m on regions water service
- 09:27 Former WWE star to guest at Wigan Comic Con
- 09:27 Couple tracked down and killed homeless man after he insulted woman
- 09:27 GDPR explained: Make sure you don’t ignore the irritating emails...
- 09:26 Have your say on tackling rural crime in your area
- 09:25 Blown away by Barbados! Discovering history, beauty (and rum punch)...
- 09:25 Yacht a lot we've got! Anneka Rice treats her family to their own...
- 09:25 Get your tickets for the Team Verrico summer ball
- 09:24 Project update: Highfield Gardens,Blackpool
- 09:23 Polls open for Ireland’s abortion referendum
- 09:22 Man has wallet stolen by woman after asking her to hold it
- 09:22 Boy, desperately called his gran as his dad died in front of him...
- 09:22 M58 link road WILL go ahead