World economy ON EDGE: China faces ‘financial calamity’ with HUGE debt addiction IMF warns
The IMF said China’s declining growth could have “very serious repercussions” for the world economy.
Chinese growth has declined by one per cent - resulting in a 0.2 per cent decline worldwide, a trend the group’s Asia-Pacific deputy director described as “dangerous”.
Markus Rodlauer said: “While still manageable in its size given the size of the public assets under public control, the trend is dangerous and if it's not corrected it will lead to a correction.
“The longer it lasts, the more serious the disturbance and the disruption might be: from a mild growth slowdown, to a sharp... read more
- 03:59 Boredom in Britain at a new low
- 03:40 Self-medicating by drinking wine before bedtime will only make your...
- 03:40 Five teenagers to face court on terror charges
- 03:35 David Miliband 'deeply concerned' for Labour's future
- 03:15 Let DEMOCRACY speak: Marine Le Pen SLAMS media for censoring French...
- 03:03 YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN: China CLASHES with Donald Trump over North...
- 02:59 Bolivia's San Pedro 'tourist prison', 20 years on
- 02:59 Could the next Messi come from Nigeria as Barcelona launches Lagos...
- 02:59 IS in Afghanistan: How successful has the group been?
- 02:59 Kim Jong-nam death: Unravelling the mystery
- 02:59 Did Trump win because his name came first in key states?
- 02:57 Move into a nursing home while you're still fit, says care tsar as...
- 02:53 HMRC rejects tax avoidance criticism
- 02:52 Can community projects offer a way to affordable care?
- 02:41 Illegal air pollution levels endangering health of capital's children
- 02:32 Guatemala expels abortion boat crew
- 02:32 Egypt's Coptic Christians flee Sinai after deadly attacks
- 02:21 City homes 'least affordable since 2009'
- 02:12 Boris Johnson to visit Egypt for talks with president
- 02:07 ADM brokerage arm shifts more trades onto computer screens
- 02:07 Alphabet's self-driving car unit sues Uber with trade theft charge
- 01:53 Fashion house BCBG Max Azria prepares for bankruptcy: sources
- 01:49 Smuggled rare ploughshare tortoises go on display for first time
- 01:49 China's Panchen Lama says to uphold 'glorious tradition' of patriotism
- 01:42 Get your dancing shoes on for Grimsby's Strictly Get Dancing
- 01:42 What mummy really thinks about everyday family life
- 01:42 Hankies and sticks: Why do people take up Morris dancing?
- 01:39 Southampton boss Claude Puel still stung by Ryan Giggs' winner in 2007
- 01:36 Footballer hit by lightning in Highgate United match remembered
- 01:31 Ryan Palmer and Wesley Bryan share lead at the halfway point of the...