World Bank to name and shame countries that fail their stunted children
The president of the World Bank has warned he will name and shame countries that fail to tackle the malnourishment and poor growth of their children, as part of a mission to rid the world of stunting.
Jim Yong Kim, the former physician who heads the Bank, told the Guardian he would take to the podium at the World Economic Forum in Davos every year to point the finger at governments who failed to live up to promises to tackle a scourge affecting tens of millions of children.
Kim said stunting – which refers to children with a height considerably below the average for their age – was a... read more
- 10:27 Praise for West Yorkshire Police in new annual inspection report
- 10:27 Headteacher appointed at new £25million school in Burngreave
- 10:27 Festive flavours for Christmas shoppers as new vendors arrive at...
- 10:27 These City of Culture volunteers have received Hull's seal of the city
- 10:26 Top chef Nigel hands over reins at Northcote
- 10:26 Pervert gets curfew altered by court so he can walk his dog
- 10:26 Offender warned he could face custody if he fails to pay court fines
- 10:26 St Mirren striker Gavin Reilly surpasses his goals target - but...
- 10:26 Calls to recycle right this Christmas
- 10:25 Calls to recycle right this Christmas
- 10:25 Salford house fire: Five questioned over child deaths
- 10:24 Headteacher appointed at new £25million school in Burngreave
- 10:23 The Yorkshire Post says: Bold words on post-EU future - Significant...
- 10:23 Ian Wright reveals team that caused chaos on Arsenal visits...
- 10:22 Blackpool-born tenor Alfie Boe headlines Welsh festival
- 10:22 Blackpool man's new business is just child's play
- 10:22 Avengers Infinity War: Hugh Jackman SPEAKS OUT on Wolverine...
- 10:21 Roads and schools closed as ice continues to cause problems in Cumbria
- 10:21 Hensingham and Bookwell pupils tackle recycling
- 10:20 Forties pipeline repairs ‘could take up to three weeks’
- 10:20 Asthma symptoms: People over THIS age in the UK are most likely to...
- 10:20 Holly Willoughby fans spot eerie image in her garden - and reckon...
- 10:20 Netflix is trolling its users ahead of Christmas - but some are...
- 10:20 M5 closed as jackknifed lorry blocks all lanes
- 10:20 Icy weather sees FROZEN schools in Lichfield and Burntwood closed...
- 10:19 Jamie Redknapp predicts which Premier League sides will progress in...
- 10:19 Deadly dangers of Christmas candles
- 10:19 Grandparents appeal for help to see Sana again
- 10:18 Boy asks for cure for friend’s cancer instead of presents...
- 10:18 Thousands donated to city charity after Christmas ball fund-raiser