World Bank raises 2016 East Asia growth view, sees limited Brexit impact
The World Bank slightly raised its 2016 economic growth forecast for developing East Asia and the Pacific on Wednesday, saying that Brexit is unlikely to have any significant near-term impact on growth in the region.
The Washington-based lender now expects the developing East Asia and Pacific (EAP) region, which includes China, to grow 6.4 percent in 2016 and 6.2 percent in 2017.
Its previous forecast in April was for 6.3 percent growth in 2016 and 6.2 percent in 2017.
"Growth in the region is expected to remain broadly resilient during 2016-2018," the World Bank said in its... read more
- 08:04 Anger as Telford drivers caught up in further delays with latest...
- 08:04 UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 6
- 08:04 Aleppo's fall would be win for Russia, defeat for U.S. in Mideast
- 08:04 Liverpool eye Quincy Promes transfer to help cope with Sadio...
- 08:03 Trimming your pubic hair can have unwanted consequences
- 08:03 Cleaner mocked for staring at expensive jewellery showered with...
- 08:01 FESTIVE BONANZA DAY 9: WIN! A laptop worth £150 courtesy of Miller...
- 08:01 Mother of Millom teen who died at Kendal Calling says drug booths...
- 08:01 Man who denies assaulting surgeon at Furness General Hospital set...
- 08:01 Barrow man accused of stealing more than £1,000 worth of goods from...
- 08:01 Barrow teen accused of possessing a knife blade in public set to...
- 08:02 'Using a mobile phone while driving is as crazy as drink driving'...
- 08:01 Barrow mum of three opens up about her life after breast cancer
- 08:02 Pupil to transform South Derbyshire school's garden as part of project
- 08:01 Barrow "little fighter" nominated to be Christmas Star
- 08:01 Barrow fiancée left shocked and heartbroken by partner's sudden death
- 08:00 Liverpool eye January transfer raid: Jurgen Klopp wanted this star...
- 08:00 Pundit: Chelsea can win the league if they don't do this
- 08:00 Chelsea legend takes cheeky dig at Liverpool: The Reds won’t like this
- 07:59 Paedophile murdered by group of preschool victims’ parents
- 07:58 People can’t stop taking the p*ss out of this Forever 21 choker
- 07:57 U.S. military to return some land in Okinawa by year end
- 07:56 Reports from the courts
- 07:55 Harry Redknapp criticises FA over coach claims
- 07:55 Rowdy tourist's wrecking spree in Lake District hotel
- 07:55 LRA commander Dominic Ongwen to go on trial at ICC
- 07:53 Motorists freed by firefighters in two Lincolnshire crashes
- 07:53 Hospital discharged terminally ill man at 11pm – inquest hears he...
- 07:51 Guatemala says Taiwan's Tsai to visit, no word on any U.S. stop
- 07:51 Euro bounces back and stock markets weather the storm as the...