Working on the buses will be just the ticket for new First West Yorkshire recruits
Bus operator First West Yorkshire has set the wheels turning on a staff recruitment drive.
The firm currently has vacancies for 50 bus drivers due to a programme of investment and service changes.
And today it asked people across the county to consider working behind the wheel of one of its vehicles.
First West Yorkshire business manager Will Pearson said: “Having started my First Bus career as a driver, I know first hand how great this job can be for people looking for a new challenge.
“You’re very much your own boss, as once you’re in the driving seat, you’re in charge of your day, and... read more
- 14:27 Drug used to treat arthritis could save thousands of stroke...
- 14:27 RECIPE: Roast monkfish with Puy lentils
- 14:27 Community shows support for struggling Hebburn Town FC
- 14:26 This new mortgage could save you THOUSANDS - by paying your stamp...
- 14:25 Unseen images shed a new light on life in Gateshead 100 years ago
- 14:24 Campaign to remove John Bercow 'undignified' says Tory MP
- 14:24 Scottish man snaps up German murder house where victims were...
- 14:23 Celtic star James Forrest happy for the Hoops to win ugly to keep...
- 14:23 Linlithgow Reds return from France with trophy
- 14:22 Pensioner ex-pat found stabbed to death in Spanish retirement home
- 14:21 Several sheep killed in Shropshire fields
- 14:21 'Low-life' steals special Guy Martin beer pump clip from racing...
- 14:20 Sir Bobby Charlton in Anoki - the moment one of English football's...
- 14:17 Look what arsonists did to children's playground in Bagillt
- 14:15 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: This is why we didn't sign Fernando Alonso
- 14:14 Liverpool summer transfer target: Jurgen Klopp earmarks swoop for...
- 14:14 Mark Lawrenson says Man Utd will beat Blackburn today… And his...
- 14:14 RECIPE: Roast monkfish with Puy lentils
- 14:12 Defending crops the natural way
- 14:11 From Lincoln to New York – we've gone worldwide!
- 14:09 PICTURE: Stolen road sweeper apprehended by armed officers in...
- 14:08 Live updates as main Nottingham road closed due to serious crash
- 14:07 Grantham Journal letter: Pothole damaged car
- 14:07 Leicester's hospitals have a £27m deficit - here's what they're...
- 14:06 PS4 Pro NEWS: Final Fantasy XIV next in line for performance boost
- 14:05 New fund available to prevent the elderly from becoming isolated...
- 14:05 Take precautions to stop winter flu bugs
- 14:04 Premier League stats: Which clubs have scored the most goals from...
- 14:03 Blues boss Gianfranco Zola "surrounded" at Birmingham New Street
- 14:03 Morrisons recall packs of meat as they may ‘cause meningitis’