Worker becomes human fireball after 'explosion' at building site
A man turned into a human fireball after a shocking building site accident in Kirkby.
Residents living in Cherry Blossom Way told how they heard an explosion before seeing a man on fire.
The shocking incident was thought to have been caused by petrol being poured into a motorised wheelbarrow.
People living on the road said they saw the man working on the engine-powered wheelbarrow for most of yesterday morning.
Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service said the petrol ignited after being poured into the machine while it was still hot.
The man suffered burns to his face and was taken to Aintree... read more
- 15:02 BFI research shows cinema-goers in Grimsby really liked 50 Shades...
- 15:02 Man suffers facial injuries in robbery outside Asda
- 15:02 Ward closed at Grimsby hospital due to diarrhoea and vomiting
- 15:01 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 15:00 Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- 14:59 Man City duo miss out on Golden Boy award
- 14:58 On the Wildside
- 14:58 Some SWIFT thinking has helped to reduce spillage from seed feeders
- 14:58 Young artist competition winners
- 14:58 Jus Rol site has been bought by bakery group
- 14:57 Tweed boat trips could play bigger role in town
- 14:57 Bid to create the North East’s first underwater dive trail
- 14:57 Puppy Charlie to have his life-saving operation, thanks to...
- 14:56 Chatburn woman dies in house blaze
- 14:56 Rugby Rotary Clubs join forces to tackle polio
- 14:56 Hunt for man who snatched woman’s iPhone as she sat at Blackpool...
- 14:55 Arrest over chemical alert at London City Airport
- 14:55 PC Semple murder: Witness heard 'someone throwing up on the carpet'
- 14:54 Would-be thief’s blood laid trail for police in Mansfield
- 14:54 Brexit knock-on not directly hitting local business
- 14:53 Extra brown bin collections during November in Wellingborough
- 14:53 Developer hoping to retain heritage of Rushden factory with new flats
- 14:53 15 things we all do the week before payday
- 14:53 Medieval well uncovered in field
- 14:53 M6 closed in both directions
- 14:52 Expected West Ham XI: Key man returns to Bilic’s strong-looking...
- 14:52 Almost £2m to be axed from Merseyside's drug and alcohol addiction...
- 14:51 Warning after motorcycle theft in Croft area
- 14:51 Arsenal hopeful Arsene Wenger stays as manager but won't...
- 14:49 Bag a bargain at nearly new sale