Work to start on new Hilton hotel in Hull city centre next month
Construction work on a new 159-bed hotel in Hull city centre is expected to start next month.
The new Double Tree by Hilton will be built on the site for the former Lexington Avenue nightclub in Ferensway. Planning permission for the new hotel was granted in July last year.
At the time, developers Lexington Avenue Leisure Ltd said they hoped the four-star hotel would be completed by late 2016.
Since then the site has remained empty although the construction of a new fire station on nearby land is almost complete. The delay led to speculation that the hotel project had stalled.
However, a... read more
- 09:46 Amanda Holden admits she and Simon Cowell could have been an item
- 09:46 Mariah Carey targetted by rotten thieves as home robbed of $50,000...
- 09:46 Willshee's Waste and Recycling takes top gong as the Burton Mail...
- 09:45 Birmingham pub bombings: Families to challenge inquest ruling
- 09:45 Ian Lavery MP received £165,000 from trade union
- 09:45 Committee luanches probe into immigration policies in Scotland
- 09:44 Boy's sailing dream rescued by Harrogate optician
- 09:43 Approval for affordable homes for single people and couples in Peak...
- 09:43 When is Storm Brian coming and where will it hit the UK?
- 09:42 Katie Price claims she’s received texts from Chris Hughes’ friend...
- 09:41 Radio industry stalwarts and pop groups at Leeds awards ceremony
- 09:40 Wold Top’s rural project award
- 09:40 Revealed: How utility firm blunder led to flooding of North...
- 09:40 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:40 Council to decide how to demolish the Futurist
- 09:38 Mum forced boy, 11, into sex on camera before sick footage was sold...
- 09:37 What is the net worth of prospective Newcastle owner Amanda Staveley?
- 09:37 Dracula flies into Chorley
- 09:37 Tributes as ex-Doncaster Rovers fans' director and former Donny Dog...
- 09:37 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:37 Tribute paid to former teacher killed in crash
- 09:37 Making a big difference to streets
- 09:36 Pick your team for Burton Albion's trip to Nottingham Forest
- 09:36 'Serious incidents' hit three month high at Nuneaton's hospital
- 09:36 When do the clocks go back in 2017? End of British Summer Time looms
- 09:35 Barcelona technical director 'watches Anthony Martial in action for...
- 09:35 Hair: The Musical 50th Anniversary REVIEW: A lively revival
- 09:35 MH370: Malaysia in deal with US firm to restart plane search
- 09:34 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:34 Lancashire County Council's £28m cost of care for region's...