Work starts on new unit at Scunthorpe General Hospital
WORK has started on building a new dedicated endoscopy unit at Scunthorpe General Hospital at a cost of £1.6 million.
The new development, which will be located on the Church Lane side of the hospital close to the main entrance, will also see the current lower gastrointestinal (GI) unit redeveloped.
The new endoscopy unit, which will replace the existing facility in the Coronation block of the hospital, will provide new dedicated outpatient and day case facilities and will be completed later this year.
Martin Gough, consultant upper GI and general surgeon, said: “The new unit will be... read more
- 07:08 Arrogance beggars belief
- 07:08 I liken Terry Palmer to Winston Smith
- 07:07 Man suffers bleed on the brain in attack
- 07:05 South Yorkshire dementia charity is all fired up and ready to go
- 07:04 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 07:04 Breast isn’t always best, so stop shaming formula mums
- 07:03 Philippines' minister says Duterte agrees with ban on mining in...
- 07:03 Le Pen increases first round lead in French election - poll
- 07:02 ‘District council failed over pool cleanliness’
- 07:01 Manchester United News: Wayne Rooney update, Midfielder transfer...
- 07:01 Kasper Schmeichel plays down heroics to keep Leicester's Champions...
- 07:01 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...
- 07:00 Dialog Semiconductor sees good sales growth in 2017
- 06:59 Who's in charge of Hands Off HRI - and is the money safe? Here's...
- 06:58 BREAKING: Helen Bailey murder - Ian Stewart guilty of killing...
- 06:58 Man wanted over Blackpool attacks
- 06:58 Fylde Tories doubt over county plans
- 06:58 Fast and furious waterpark slides get the thumbs up
- 06:58 Homes plan wins council approval
- 06:58 Donald Trump revokes Obama policy that affected transgender students
- 06:58 Mum’s Corrie delight after acting break
- 06:58 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 06:58 Museum Trust enjoys success with open day
- 06:58 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 06:57 Man 'gutted' in knife attack after refusing to give cash to beggars
- 06:57 One horse hit by vehicle after ponies run loose on A19
- 06:57 Hartlepool homeowner threatened with court for paving over his...
- 06:57 Extra support for Hartlepool and North Tees midwives
- 06:56 Italy says no problem with construction of TAP pipeline
- 06:56 Tech breakthroughs take a backseat in upcoming Apple iPhone launch