Work starts on new national nuclear college
Work on the new £15 million National College for Nuclear, at Lillyhall, started this week.
Set to open next September, the hi-tech facility will become one of two centres. The second will be built at Bridgewater in Somerset.
The Northern Hub, built at the Lakes College site, will feature virtual reality suites allowing learners to experience nuclear installations in a virtual environment, science and radiation laboratories and specialised design and modelling suites.
To mark the occasion, the first sod for the nuclear college was cut at a ground breaking ceremony at the site on Monday.
The... read more
- 11:41 Inflammatory bowel disease - seven things YOU didn't known about...
- 11:41 Cyber attack ‘highly likely’ in UK election
- 11:41 There is still time to register to vote by post for the General...
- 11:41 Sunny start for Lincolnshire Wolds Walking Festival
- 11:41 Woman escapes uninjured from dramatic crash thanks to seat belt
- 11:41 Nuneaton school forced to close after fire on site
- 11:40 Man City USA tour fixtures and dates
- 11:40 Chelsea legend Pat Nevin urges Antonio Conte to complete Kieran...
- 11:40 Will tonight's Take That show at Echo Arena Liverpool go ahead?
- 11:40 Letters - May 18, 2017
- 11:39 Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon deserves to win the Ballon...
- 11:39 Ajax were Europe's dominant force in the mid-1990s... but then the...
- 11:39 Northumbria Police set to review policing of upcoming North East...
- 11:39 Tottenham step up demolition job on historic White Hart Lane as...
- 11:39 Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah relishing 'extra...
- 11:39 Antonio Conte: Chelsea boss poses with Sir Alex Ferguson after...
- 11:39 Manchester United stars hold minute's silence for victims of terror...
- 11:39 Castle’s a pretty picture - but at what cost to wildlife?
- 11:39 Cyber attack ‘highly likely’ in UK election
- 11:39 Sunny start for Lincolnshire Wolds Walking Festival
- 11:39 New Rugby mayor Garcia sworn in at town hall
- 11:38 Manchester terror attack: Ashton Hayes family who were at concert...
- 11:38 Lancaster student, 17, relives Manchester Arena explosion
- 11:37 Half a glass of wine a day can ‘increase breast cancer risk’
- 11:37 CCTV images released after 'terrifying' arson attack in Keighley
- 11:37 Plea for volunteers to survey Yorkshire Dales’ bumblebees
- 11:37 SNP will go for minority administration in Edinburgh
- 11:37 PM: Attacker chose time and place with “cold calculation”
- 11:37 Cyber attack ‘highly likely’ in UK election
- 11:36 Manchester United have 60% chance of signing Antoine Griezmann