Work on £1.6 million public square in Leicester will be largely finished next month
Leicester's newest public square will be largely finished by the end of next month, council bosses have said.
The £1.6 million pound work at the back of the Corn Exchange, where the city's indoor market once stood, is entering its final phases.
Mike Dalzell, the council's director of tourism, culture and inward investment, said builders started laying the slabs last week and "will be doing 20 square metres a day from here on."
Mr Dalzell said the square could be used for overflow markets and other family events including housing an ice rink or a big wheel such as that in the... read more
- 13:04 Passengers face struggle to catch bus after stop disappears
- 13:04 Theresa May confirms that UK will quit European single market
- 13:04 FEATURE: A look at the incredible work Worksop charity JOEL is...
- 13:04 Watch: Dramatic footage shows devastation at Small Heath Citroen...
- 13:04 New Laws for Wales in 2017 and how they will impact YOU
- 13:04 PM’s 12 terms for Brexit - and the speech in full
- 13:03 Pound soars as May pledges to avoid Brexit ‘cliff edge’
- 13:03 POLL: Is Theresa May right to leave the single market?
- 13:03 Guitar theft suspect arrested after Scarborough chase
- 13:01 Louis van Gaal failed at Manchester United but we should remember...
- 13:01 Novak Djokovic avoids repeat of Rafa Nadal slip up to vanquish...
- 13:01 Sheffield's Kelham Island named in top ten coolest places in Britain
- 13:01 Manchester United fear Memphis Depay may not leave Old Trafford in...
- 13:01 Ground broken on new £350m rail line
- 13:01 POLL: Is Theresa May right to leave the single market?
- 13:01 Missing man could be in Cumbria as police launch search to find him
- 13:01 Chelsea eyeing Felipe Anderson and Stefan de Vrij in double...
- 13:01 Concerns over council's £45,000 bill for Roman cavalry re-enactment...
- 13:01 Man missing for a month could be in Cumbria
- 13:00 Search ongoing for missing Whitley Bay man who 'requires medication'
- 13:00 Quad bike and tools stolen in Corbridge garage burglary
- 12:59 Horncastle community responds to aid call
- 12:59 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is just 30 per cent tactics and 70 per...
- 12:58 Donald Trump stopped Ed Sheeran releasing his album two months ago
- 12:58 U.S. STOCK INDEX FUTURES PARE LOSSES, DOW JONES FUTURES NOW DOWN...
- 12:58 Norma Bell murder trial: Son said accused had been asking for money
- 12:58 Carragher: Both Manchester United FC and Manchester City are out of...
- 12:57 Dad delivers his baby after wife SNEEZES herself into labour
- 12:57 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger handed major triple injury boost ahead...
- 12:56 Energy saving tips: How much cheaper will my energy bills be if I...