Women with diabetes can lose more weight by drinking water, not diet drinks, study finds
Drinking water instead of diet drinks can help women with type 2 diabetes lose more weight, a study has found.
The research, carried out by University of Nottingham scientists and the Tehran University of Medical Sciences, found women with the condition lost more weight when they drank water instead of diet drinks over a 24 week period.
Many people with diabetes drink low sugar fizzy drinks, such as Diet Coke or Pepsi Max, to help control their blood sugar level throughout the day.
Read more: Muslim school banned from having new pupils over extremism fears
The two groups of 81 women, who... read more
- 15:45 Police name Sheffield stab victim, 21, as murder investigation...
- 15:45 Head of steam: Stunning locomotive The Royal Scot plays key role in...
- 15:44 This artist’s incredibly detailed models show the reality of living...
- 15:44 Party divisions must end now, says Labour Shadow Chancellor
- 15:43 Woman scared to walk home alone after being followed in the dark
- 15:42 Choir hits right notes at UK final
- 15:42 Couple jailed after starving dogs and locking them under the stairs
- 15:42 Bodies of two boys, 17, found near cliffs in Saltburn
- 15:41 Trainspotting sequel props sold for charity
- 15:41 Sir Lenny Henry STORMS OFF Graham Norton's Big Chat after yelling...
- 15:38 Manchester United’s Daley Blind linked with AS Roma transfer
- 15:38 Jose Mourinho reveals the real reason he was in Croatia amid Ivan...
- 15:38 Four Egyptian soldiers killed by explosion in Sinai
- 15:35 Boxing Junior Championships cancelled due to 'threat to life'
- 15:34 QUIZ Celebrate Elton John’s 70th by proving you know all the words...
- 15:33 Who is Manchester United transfer target Ivan Perisic?
- 15:33 How to buy Man City tickets: A guide on how to attend the team's...
- 15:33 Call for councils to ban sky lanterns and balloons in Lincolnshire...
- 15:32 Woman who voted for Trump upset to find her husband will be deported
- 15:32 When do the clocks go forward in 2017?
- 15:32 Choir hits right notes at UK final
- 15:30 Justice League movie TRAILER: Full explosive promo arrives in full...
- 15:30 Seamus Coleman injury: Everton boss Ronald Koeman speaks out on...
- 15:29 How to look after your mental health when you’re always on...
- 15:29 Brazil teacher changes hairstyle to support bullied girl
- 15:29 Air ambulance called after two car crash near Holmfirth
- 15:26 How Hull could soon blanket ban pavement parking
- 15:26 Hull FC player ratings and stats after win at Wigan Warriors
- 15:25 Arsene Wenger gives contract update and reveals future plans
- 15:25 EU leaders meet in Rome but growing Euroscepticism in Italy...