Women with diabetes can lose more weight by drinking water, not diet drinks, study finds
Drinking water instead of diet drinks can help women with type 2 diabetes lose more weight, a study has found.
The research, carried out by University of Nottingham scientists and the Tehran University of Medical Sciences, found women with the condition lost more weight when they drank water instead of diet drinks over a 24 week period.
Many people with diabetes drink low sugar fizzy drinks, such as Diet Coke or Pepsi Max, to help control their blood sugar level throughout the day.
Read more: Muslim school banned from having new pupils over extremism fears
The two groups of 81 women, who... read more
- 11:33 Jurgen Klopp confirms the one Liverpool player he would sell in...
- 11:33 Kerching! Lincoln Christmas Market's boost to city's small traders
- 11:33 Liverpool legend: I would have succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson as...
- 11:33 Dad donates dead son's unopened Christmas presents to sick children...
- 11:33 Dangers of the diet pills sold on the High Street: Experts warn...
- 11:32 Water shock! River clean-up nets a big haul
- 11:32 Organisers hoping for big turn-out at Xmas Market
- 11:30 BREAKING: Explosion tears through China leaving many feared dead
- 11:29 Stowaway migrants found crushed under trucks in Austria
- 11:29 Manchester City vs Chelsea, Premier League LIVE: Follow all the...
- 11:29 Yobs wreck blood biker’s Triumph Tiger
- 11:27 Key man exit may pave way for Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard to...
- 11:27 Jamie Carragher: This Liverpool ace has to be realistic about his...
- 11:27 Manchester City v Chelsea: LIVE Premier League scores and updates...
- 11:24 Stourbridge FC count down clock to huge FA Cup clash
- 11:20 Retirement village gets in the festive spirit
- 11:20 Conor McGregor insists Floyd Mayweather called him first saying...
- 11:19 Drivers warned about thieves using key lock jammers at M-way services
- 11:19 Nazi PoW leaves £400,000 to 'kind' Scottish village
- 11:19 Mother jailed for beating up daughter, 17, when she caught her...
- 11:19 Plucky turkey won’t be caught for Christmas
- 11:18 Sponsor supports club’s league goals
- 11:18 Planned roadworks on A1 and A19 in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 11:18 Man taken to hospital after car hits tree
- 11:17 China's Xi says military must be smaller, but more capable
- 11:16 Dry January: 7 things you realise when you give up the booze
- 11:15 Louis van Gaal is much stricter than Jose Mourinho, says Manchester...
- 11:15 Video: Full route for 2017 Tour de Yorkshire cycle race
- 11:10 ‘It was worth the 6,000 miles to get a free beer’
- 11:10 East Midlands Trains fares to rise in the new year - but less than...