Women lose in the money stakes, as they're half as likely to invest - and a third have saved less than £500
Men are twice as likely to play the stock market as women, who blame a lack of knowledge or disposable income for their reluctance to invest.
One in five men invest, compared with one in 10 women, a survey has found.
A survey also claimed that the average woman only has £1,500 in the bank - a fifth of the £7,500 the average man has set aside. A third of women have considerably less at £500.
The decision by the majority of both sexes not to invest, comes despite a raft of data showing that investing in shares long-term delivers a better return than holding cash.
The Barclays Equity Gilt... read more
- 10:51 Joe Cole urges Antonio Conte to adopt Sir Alex Ferguson’s blueprint...
- 10:51 Novak Djokovic adds Dominic Thiem and Alexander Zverev to the list...
- 10:50 Wonder Woman director speaks out on claims Gal Gadot movie is ‘a MESS’
- 10:49 Dad stashed drugs under floorboards
- 10:49 Manchester terror attack: Two men arrested for questioning released...
- 10:47 Scunthorpe pharmacy bank holiday opening times
- 10:46 Afghanistan war: At least 13 dead in Khost bombing
- 10:46 ELECTION 2017: Lib Dem manifesto – who is it for exactly?
- 10:46 Arsenal's last FA Cup final clash with Chelsea left me with mixed...
- 10:45 Colourful way to raise cash
- 10:45 Dad survived being blasted in HEART with shrapnel during Manchester...
- 10:45 Eating Out - The Old Bank
- 10:44 Teenage girl sexually assaulted in Newcastle as she walked to metro...
- 10:44 Mother and son confronted by hammer wielding burglars
- 10:43 Unusual images put in the frame
- 10:41 Birmingham Pride parade 2017 LIVE: Updates, photos, video and...
- 10:41 11 Derbyshire business with truly wacky or clever names
- 10:41 Top author to visit Sutton
- 10:39 Warwickshire secures wheely big world record
- 10:38 One-legged rapist who begged ‘vulnerable’ teen not to run away jailed
- 10:36 Controversial procedure keeps Chesterfield venue open
- 10:36 ‘A Village with Sculptures’ title at risk as statue moved
- 10:33 Partner of police officer killed in Manchester bomb 'doesn't yet...
- 10:33 Mum left young kids alone in house for more than two weeks while...
- 10:32 Carlisle parents' powerful protest against school funding cuts
- 10:32 T in the Park death: Teenager's drink 'might have been spiked'
- 10:30 Real Madrid Transfer News: How Rafa Nadal convinced Florentino...
- 10:29 Incredible Edible: Cop an incredible look at these top volunteers
- 10:29 Five matches we want to see at the French Open including Novak...
- 10:29 As premier heads to Europe, China says resolute about opening its...