Women lose in the money stakes, as they're half as likely to invest - and a third have saved less than £500
Men are twice as likely to play the stock market as women, who blame a lack of knowledge or disposable income for their reluctance to invest.
One in five men invest, compared with one in 10 women, a survey has found.
A survey also claimed that the average woman only has £1,500 in the bank - a fifth of the £7,500 the average man has set aside. A third of women have considerably less at £500.
The decision by the majority of both sexes not to invest, comes despite a raft of data showing that investing in shares long-term delivers a better return than holding cash.
The Barclays Equity Gilt... read more
- 06:52 ‘Micropub’ that costing £20,000 to renovate reacquainting...
- 06:52 Corby thief known to security guard as ‘DVD man’ must ‘buckle up’...
- 06:45 Man City won't be able to play their usual way because of this...
- 06:45 Liverpool at Christmas - a fantastic festive weekend break
- 06:44 Liverpool at Christmas - a fantastic festive weekend break
- 06:40 Chapecoense plane crash: Team's home town gathers for memorial service
- 06:38 MP John Bercow defends his taxpayer spend on clothing
- 06:35 Minibus licence loophole puts people at risk - LGA
- 06:33 OPEC to meet non-OPEC producers on Dec. 10 in Vienna - sources
- 06:33 Thieves swipe games from disabled children
- 06:32 Former Man City and Chelsea man: This is the most likely result at...
- 06:29 Another record-breaking year for Wellingborough’s Poppy Appeal
- 06:29 Historic Wollaston shoe firm to open first factory shop
- 06:29 Corby thief known to security guard as ‘DVD man’ must ‘buckle up’...
- 06:29 Leader comment: Talk of sea change in public opinion is fanciful
- 06:29 Future Fit: Call for delay over legal action in Shropshire A&E row
- 06:28 Derbyshire driver Keith Mees who was sending Facebook messages...
- 06:25 What's the best Christmas film of all time?
- 06:25 Hartlepool United’s players warned they must shape up or face being...
- 06:25 Police trying to trace Hartlepool man missing from home
- 06:25 Furious Rafa Benitez hits out at ‘clever’ Henri Lansbury after...
- 06:23 South Korean president Park Geun-Hye faces IMPEACHMENT vote...
- 06:22 Grieving Brazilian town receives bodies of soccer crash victims
- 06:19 Court dates for three men after hare coursing in Pode Hole
- 06:18 Pampering pays off for old pals
- 06:18 Sponsors highlight success of businesses in the county
- 06:12 Dever’s set for the Italian job
- 06:10 Pothole funding boost could be the answer to Burton road woes
- 06:10 WATCH: Flood-hit Occupation Lane in Woodville to be closed for two...
- 06:07 Council set to access more competitive water market