Women happier at work and in marriage but worry 'a lot' about health and money
Women are happier at work and in marriage than they were 40 years ago but many worry more about health, money and their appearance, a BBC poll has found.
Around 86% said they would rather be female than male in 2016, compared to 56% in 1947, according to a survey by Radio Four's Woman's Hour.
The poll also found that there are more women in employment in 2016 than in 1951, with 60% working today compared to 31% then.
Women are also more positive about marriage in 2016, with 42% saying that they gave up equal amounts of freedom as their male partner, compared to 25% of all respondents,... read more
- 15:11 Mum weighs less after baby than she did before pregnancy
- 15:11 West Brom transfer comment: Ten reasons why it's time to sell Saido...
- 15:11 Birmingham City transfers: What Middlesbrough's Emilio Nsue could...
- 15:11 Aston Villa watch out for in-form Callum Robinson - he's out to get...
- 15:11 West Brom: The odds on Albion being the Pride of the Midlands this...
- 15:11 Viewers confused as Nadia Sawalha keeps wearing the same outfit on...
- 15:10 ‘The service is a joke’ - Metro passengers react to new timetable news
- 15:10 'Despicable' thieves burgle Sheffield boy's home as he lies...
- 15:09 Britain's 12 Brexit objectives - which are the most important?
- 15:09 Is it likely that MH370 will ever be found?
- 15:09 Rangers 0 Celtic 1 as Tommy McIntyre’s Under 20s edge win
- 15:09 Celtic and Rangers plus Hearts and Aberdeen transfer latest – watch...
- 15:08 Warning over WhatsApp 'free Wi-Fi' scam message
- 15:07 Farmhouse breakfasts support rural housing charity
- 15:07 Leonne Weeks death: What we know so far
- 15:07 Chelsea great Pat Nevin hails the contribution of unsung hero...
- 15:07 Charlie Nicholas urges Arsene Wenger to sell Arsenal midfielder...
- 15:07 Guardian recommends things to do this week
- 15:07 ‘Selfish’ school-run mum denies blocking people’s driveways with...
- 15:07 NHS bill for swimming infections
- 15:07 Germany's Gabriel welcomes clarity on Brexit after May's speech
- 15:07 Would you stick needles in your baby to stop it crying?
- 15:07 How long you have to spend the old £5 notes before they cease to be...
- 15:07 Iran says it is against U.S. presence in Syria talks in Astana
- 15:06 Incredible plans unveiled for world's first 'floating city' in the...
- 15:05 Latest Trump Tweets leave automakers scratching heads again
- 15:05 Michy Batshuayi denies rift with Chelsea boss Antonio Conte on Twitter
- 15:05 Republican ‘said he no longer has to be politically correct then...
- 15:05 Pupils in Race for Life challenge
- 15:04 Get your valuables security marked at free event