Women arrested as part of fraud inquiry at Sunderland care home
Two women have been arrested as part of a fraud probe at a Sunderland care home.
The inquiry was carried out following allegations made about staff at the Sycamore Care Centre, in Nookside, Grindon.
A Northumbria Police spokeswoman said: “Two women aged 25 and 47 have been arrested on suspicion of fraud by false representation.
“They have been released on police bail.”
Linda Wrout, owner of the home, said she did not wish to comment as inquiries are ongoing, but said there had been no impact on the quality of care.
The home has 113 rooms and specialises in looking after people with... read more
- 13:06 Birmingham City transfers: Watford join hunt for Swedish...
- 13:06 Heroin and cocaine seized in undercover police operation in South...
- 13:06 WWE superstar Brock Lesnar tipped to make shock return to UFC
- 13:06 Crystal Palace to complete signing of Premier League star this week
- 13:06 Morecambe Carnival bids for Red Arrows
- 13:05 Berwick team of ’67 are honoured at club’s 50th anniversary dinner
- 13:05 Harrow and Embleton top NN League tables
- 13:04 What have Barbie's boyfriend, One Direction and Strictly Come...
- 13:04 Letters - January 19, 2017
- 13:04 WATCH: Council apologises after road sweeper video goes viral
- 13:04 Teenager tells jury she had nightmares after allegedly being raped...
- 13:04 England scrum-half Ben Youngs backing Six Nations glory to support...
- 13:03 'Another poor signing!' How Birmingham City fans reacted to Diego...
- 13:03 Kings of Leon release EXTRA tickets for Birmingham concert - and...
- 13:03 These are the Birmingham branches HSBC plans to close
- 13:02 Is showering every day BAD for you? Cleaning with soap too often...
- 13:02 Update your iPhone software NOW: iOS 10.2.1 fixes 'devastating'...
- 13:02 Gruesome Roman skeleton is found with his tongue RIPPED out and...
- 13:02 Taylor hits late winner for Town
- 13:02 Beattie claims a creditable third place in his European outing
- 13:01 £2,000 bill after dead rats found in Halesowen pub cellar
- 13:01 Inquest opens on Ellie Underhill after Tesco car fall death
- 13:01 EasyJet shares tumble after £35m knock to finances
- 13:01 Dudley man in court over Winson Green prison riot
- 13:01 Search for suggestions to help save iconic Wolves church
- 13:01 Popular pub eyed up as new stop for Wolverhampton cabbies
- 13:00 HSBC to close 62 more branches this year
- 13:00 FTSE 100 rises as sterling slides
- 13:00 Manchester United set to create 300 new places for disabled fans in...
- 12:59 HSBC to close 62 branches: Is YOUR local bank to shut?