Woman who can barely walk up stairs has disability benefits stopped
A woman with a long list of debilitating conditions who was told her disability benefits had been stopped because she was deemed capable of working - despite barely being able to walk up a set of stairs - has welcomed news that people with chronic illnesses will no longer be reassessed.
Campaigners say Sally Rahali is just one of an ‘unprecedented number’ of disabled people to have been hit by ‘draconian’ government welfare rules in recent months.
The 42-year-old scored ‘zero’ on a work capability assessment, meaning her Employment and Support Allowance payments (ESA) of £299 a fortnight... read more
- 15:20 B&M is recruiting an official chicken nugget taster: here's how to...
- 15:20 Two groups of feuding Derby youths are dealing drugs and have...
- 15:20 Carillion: The company entrenched in public life
- 15:20 'Carillion crisis must teach Government a lesson'
- 15:20 What if Liverpool DO replace Philippe Coutinho in January?
- 15:20 Our Lady of Compassion Catholic Primary School
- 15:20 Lapworth CofE Primary School
- 15:20 FIFA 18 Team of the Year midfielders announced – De Bruyne, Kante...
- 15:20 Storm Fionn to blast North Wales bringing 80mph winds, snow and ice
- 15:19 Write a will and plan your funeral if you go to North Korea, warns US
- 15:19 Giant steak returns to Aldi - here's when you can get it
- 15:19 Who are the current Cabinet ministers and who also attends...
- 15:19 Finishing THIS giant chicken nugget Nugzilla could win you £500
- 15:19 Specsavers driver left red-faced after crashing car into lampost
- 15:19 Armed robbers wearing clown masks attack man in his own home in...
- 15:18 Helicopter rescue mission as woman disappears on beach ends when...
- 15:18 Alexis Sanchez: Man Utd want Arsenal transfer because of one failed...
- 15:18 Aubameyang to Arsenal: Why Dortmund star will be so much better...
- 15:17 Warwick Food Festival to expand
- 15:16 Couple's horror as they see man defecating in main street
- 15:16 Dundee extend A-Jay Leitch-Smith loan deal until the end of season
- 15:15 More snow, ice and blustery winds expected to hit Greater...
- 15:15 Some of the poorest Burnley children could lose free school meals
- 15:15 Former homeless woman is caught with drugs after police search
- 15:15 Log burner stolen from Whaplode property
- 15:13 Boots launches brand new vegan lunch options and they look...
- 15:13 #FindRosie: Can you help find this Fox Terrier who has been missing...
- 15:13 Vandals damage cemetery wall - which is being rebuilt to stop...
- 15:11 UK to be battered by THUNDERSNOW - here's what it means for Brits
- 15:11 Shock prison video shows inmate being brutally battered in his CELL