Woman urges others to take missed periods seriously after she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer
When we miss a period, most of us have a cursory pregnancy scare, followed by dismissing our worries and hoping it’ll come back next month.
But while in most cases, a delayed period isn’t a big deal, it can be a sign of something more concerning.
Take Amy Allen, whose missed periods were actually a sign of ovarian cancer.
When she was 18 and about to start a psychology degree at York St John’s University, Amy went to her doctor on the advice of her mum – who was concerned that she hadn’t had a period in six months.
Reporting missing periods and and facial hair, Amy was wrongly diagnosed... read more
- 10:19 Former Sunderland footballer Darron Gibson could face jail today...
- 10:18 Man hospitalised after attack on couple in Chesterfield
- 10:18 Holly steps into the ruby slippers for stage debut
- 10:18 Adventurers’ tale given a twist for theatre’s outdoors season
- 10:18 Another chance to see Jason Manford muddling along
- 10:17 Ian Bell is backed to hit right notes again
- 10:17 Whatsapp is testing a Facebook sharing update which could prove...
- 10:16 Extra tickets for Lionel Richie's Northampton gig go on sale
- 10:15 More sponsors back the Coventry Telegraph Business Awards 2018
- 10:15 Accident in Nuneaton involving bus and car
- 10:15 Former Sunderland footballer Darron Gibson could face jail today...
- 10:13 Driver arrested after car rolls onto its roof
- 10:13 Videos and pictures: Andres Iniesta plays final match for Barcelona
- 10:13 Sante Fe school shooting: Suspect 'was rejected' by victim Shana...
- 10:12 Driver arrested after car rolls onto its roof
- 10:12 Woman ignores road closures to try and drive through half-marathon
- 10:12 Prince Harry and Meghan gave their wedding flowers to hospice patients
- 10:12 Ten-day heatwave to be broken by thunderstorms before return to...
- 10:10 Holly steps into the ruby slippers for stage debut
- 10:10 Event to give Borderlands growth deal a boost
- 10:10 Two arrested over 1988 backpacker murder
- 10:10 Noise alert for Preston residents as overnight railway line works...
- 10:10 The Big Walk event arrives in Carlisle
- 10:10 Homeless people are jailed and fined £1,000 as councils crack down...
- 10:10 Adventurer dies on his eighth attempt to climb Mount Everest
- 10:10 Join in the fun - you know the day and time!
- 10:09 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard knows about Man City interest, Pep...
- 10:09 Liverpool 'to open talks with Lyon over signing Nabil Fekir'
- 10:09 20-goal season star 'agrees deal to join Manchester United'
- 10:09 Station signs point out the healthy way to travel