Woman threw scalding coffee over fellow hospital patient
A woman who flung scalding coffee over another patient at a Tees psychiatric unit has been given an indefinite hospital order.
Ann Sharp, 56, has been held in St Luke’s Hospital and Roseberry Park in Middlesbrough for 30 years after making repeated threats to kill.
Medical reports from two psychiatrists said that she suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and a delusional disorder.
Prosecutor Jenny Haigh told Teesside Crown Court yesterday that Sharp went into the kitchen at Roseberry Park at 3.15pm on July 25 to make herself a cup of coffee.
When she emerged she walked over to another patient... read more
- 08:38 NHS IN CRISIS: GP numbers in England heading for a ‘cliff edge’
- 08:38 NHS IN CRISIS: ‘Stroke patients will have to travel further to...
- 08:38 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:38 Cillian Murphy 'nicked' film director's crew for Peaky Blinders
- 08:38 Victim offers reward for recovery of stolen car
- 08:38 Birmingham hotter than Rome as hot air from Caribbean sweeps in
- 08:38 Sheffield shooting latest - what we know so far
- 08:38 Birmingham City Hall of Famer Roger Hynd passes away aged 75
- 08:37 Buying a property is still cheaper than renting but at £705 a month...
- 08:37 Star Wars 8 The Last Jedi: 'Luke wants Rey to kill Kylo Ren' in...
- 08:37 UK builder Bovis posts profit fall, to build fewer homes
- 08:36 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:36 Killers caught on CCTV strolling into McDonald's after stripping...
- 08:36 Horror as dad and son are killed in head-on crash with EACH OTHER
- 08:35 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:35 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:35 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:34 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling to FALL further against EUR...
- 08:34 Helen Skelton takes top role on daytime TV
- 08:33 How fabric made from the same material as Coca-Cola bottles can fix...
- 08:33 HEALTH NOTES: Victoria happy she swapped saddles (and so is her man)
- 08:33 NHS 'underestimates sepsis cases by 70 per cent': Silent killer...
- 08:33 For your fertility's sake, keep just five close friends! Close knit...
- 08:32 Special school launches fundraising for therapy room
- 08:32 Quit smoking or lose your leg, grandad told
- 08:32 Cyclist dies after collision in Sunderland
- 08:32 Manchester United want to sign two world-class superstars this summer
- 08:32 Manchester United named the most expensive bench in FA Cup history...
- 08:32 Stronger growth to help UK beat 2016/17 budget target - EY ITEM Club
- 08:32 Hong Kong stocks end at 18-month high, track mainland strength