Woman threw scalding coffee over fellow hospital patient
A woman who flung scalding coffee over another patient at a Tees psychiatric unit has been given an indefinite hospital order.
Ann Sharp, 56, has been held in St Luke’s Hospital and Roseberry Park in Middlesbrough for 30 years after making repeated threats to kill.
Medical reports from two psychiatrists said that she suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and a delusional disorder.
Prosecutor Jenny Haigh told Teesside Crown Court yesterday that Sharp went into the kitchen at Roseberry Park at 3.15pm on July 25 to make herself a cup of coffee.
When she emerged she walked over to another patient... read more
- 14:43 Chris Coleman admits he could LEAVE Sunderland after relegation to...
- 14:43 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho backed to have the last laugh against...
- 14:43 Toure, Pires, Henry: Arsene Wenger's 10 best ever Arsenal signings...
- 14:43 Jurgen Klopp: What Roberto Firmino’s huge heart and support of Mo...
- 14:42 Leeds pub car park murder accused denies intending to cause his...
- 14:42 Abortion clinic buffer zones being considered by more councils
- 14:41 Woman was caught in possession of cocaine
- 14:40 Appeal after biker suffers broken collar bone in crash near Tyne...
- 14:39 Pale ale launched to mark 100 years of the RAF
- 14:39 Obam Stairlifts welcomes new team members
- 14:39 Lincs: Results from the courts
- 14:39 Woman was caught in possession of cocaine
- 14:39 Woman caused £60 worth of damage to car wing mirror
- 14:38 Woman handed three-year ban from Mansfield town centre
- 14:38 Calls for 'Angel of the North West' to celebrate World Heritage Status
- 14:37 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:37 Northamptonshire family 'proud' to welcome fifth female generation...
- 14:37 Festival atmosphere promised for Wellingborough beer festival
- 14:36 Science quiz - test your knowledge
- 14:36 Copper piping stolen from barn in Tideswell
- 14:35 Copper piping stolen from barn in Tideswell
- 14:35 Brave Sylvia Hatzer recovers from dementia - after changing her diet
- 14:34 Caught on camera... can you help the police
- 14:34 Perranporth's 'Mr Swan' likely to remain a widower
- 14:34 Police called in after man's body found at Doncaster hospital
- 14:34 Sheffield University urged to be radical to boost women in engineering
- 14:33 Deciding if Salah deserves PFA award ahead of De Bruyne is nigh...
- 14:32 Obam Stairlifts welcomes new team members
- 14:32 Caught on camera... can you help the police
- 14:32 No frills over 40? Why you should ignore age-based fashion rules