Woman left with 'painful facial injuries' after 'unprovoked' assault in Borders street
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after being set upon by three people in an "unprovoked" lunchtime attack in the Borders.
Police said the 27-year-old was left with "painful facial injuries" after two men and one woman kicked and punched her in the street in Hawick on Friday afternoon.
She was walking on the Loan near to the junction with Beaconsfield Terrace at about 1pm when the attackers approached her and started to kick and punch her head and body.
The suspects, all white and between 35 and 40, then fled and their victim was taken to the Borders General Hospital in... read more
- 17:28 100 residents & businesses attend flood defence meeting in South...
- 17:27 Ireland says euro fiscal rules constraining its investment needs
- 17:27 Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox bids $14.1 billion for UK's Sky
- 17:26 Boss reveals Chelsea ace has been bombarding him with texts: He...
- 17:25 Van blaze on A483 causes heavy traffic near Welshpool
- 17:23 Police chief calls for minimum pricing on alcohol
- 17:22 Tottenham prepare for Manchester United clash at Old Trafford with...
- 17:22 Manchester United star Paul Pogba gives his shirt to a fan causing...
- 17:21 Blackmailer guilty of making man's life "hell"
- 17:21 Lorry and car collide on Bramshall Road
- 17:21 Glider pilot's inquest opens
- 17:21 Louth man (31) to face rape trial next month
- 17:19 Gardener’s appeal after thieves steal van
- 17:18 Tragic star Savenaca Koroibulileka’s wife and sons attend memorial...
- 17:18 It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas in Bourne
- 17:18 Ex-Swiss banker goes home after U.S. loses extradition from Germany
- 17:18 Departing Gregory hails ‘brilliant’ Stratford Town supporters
- 17:17 Drivers spend 11 hours stuck in Castle Street traffic jams in one...
- 17:17 University ‘tells gay student to keep quiet after classmates tell...
- 17:17 How Nokia and Motorola mobile phones are among classics selling for...
- 17:17 New road signs proudly welcome visitors to Hull UK City of Culture
- 17:16 Marcus Rashford will be a centre-forward, says Manchester United...
- 17:16 Police capture convict hiding under van
- 17:14 Breast cancer drug ‘unfairly blamed’ for side effects
- 17:12 Burlington School’s brush with success in art competition
- 17:12 Scots GPs warn rising workloads may affect patient care
- 17:11 Bomb disposal team to carry out explosion on Walney
- 17:11 Exclusive - Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense:...
- 17:10 Sky receives takeover approach from 21st Century Fox
- 17:10 Residents urged to secure properties following thefts