Woman killed by mentally ill husband 'died in vain' amid trust failings says son
A man has said he believes his mother "died in vain" because a mental health trust failed to learn lessons and prevent other killings.
Joe Goswell's father, Roger, murdered his 63-year-old mother, Susan, at the couple's home in West Chiltington, West Sussex, in December 2007. Mr Goswell, who was mentally ill, had become obsessed with the fact that his wife was not a virgin when they married 46 years earlier.
Calls were made to police about the threat to Mrs Goswell's life in the weeks before her death and Mr Goswell, 66, was discharged from the Priory psychiatric clinic days... read more
- 20:49 When do the clocks go back and what does it mean?
- 20:48 Morgan Stanley COO Jim Rosenthal to retire at end of year - memo
- 20:48 Deutsche settlement over Russia trades possible in 2017 - sources
- 20:45 US election: Clinton 'eyes Biden for top diplomat job'
- 20:43 Morrisons has raised the price of Marmite by 12.5%
- 20:43 Watch as autistic Derbyshire boy, 8, performs amazing Thriller...
- 20:40 Jess Varnish relieved as British Cycling uphold complaint against...
- 20:38 Driver jailed for killing passenger as he smashed car into garden wall
- 20:36 India, Pakistan trade accusations of bloodshed across Line of Control
- 20:36 France's Valls expresses "anger" over Hollande comments - Le Monde
- 20:35 Apple products just got a lot more expensive because of the weak pound
- 20:33 Drunken mum who glassed woman in the face at funeral wake jailed...
- 20:25 Great British Menu: Prue Leith replaced by Andi Oliver
- 20:25 UPDATE: Police searching for potential escapee from Haverigg prison
- 20:22 Pornhub makes offer to buy Vine saying ‘six seconds is more...
- 20:21 FBI open probe into Hillary Clinton's classified emails again after...
- 20:20 Fylde coast ice rink site is back in play as fun centre
- 20:17 Don't forget to put the clocks back on Sunday
- 20:17 Spooky Halloween tales from the past around Burton and South...
- 20:17 Northwich Odeon opening date announced at Barons Quay
- 20:15 How Man City can thrive with De Bruyne, Gundogan AND Silva
- 20:15 Andi Oliver replaces Prue Leith on The Great British Menu...
- 20:14 FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- 20:13 Mam Tor and The Great Ridge walk is the third top-trending...
- 20:12 Appeal launched to trace escapee from Cumbrian prison
- 20:12 Wolves: Why it's simply crucial Fosun get the next appointment bang...
- 20:09 Villagers step up efforts to save pub
- 20:08 Deadly measles complication is far more common than previously...
- 20:08 Soda tax DOES work in America: First tax on sugary drinks cut sales...
- 20:05 Barcelona close to breaking ties with Spanish league in water...