Woman hailed in attempted arson trial for pulling petrol-soaked cloth through letterbox
A GRIMSBY woman was hailed for her bravery in preventing a fire at her home.
Jane Nolan bravely dragged a petrol-soaked cloth through her letterbox from the inside as she stood in puddles of petrol that had been poured through the front door of her Park Avenue home.
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service station manager Martin Cawkwell said: "Mrs Nolan bravely pulled the cloth through the letterbox. It extinguished the fire. It was a brave act. Had those draft excluders not been there, she would have been engulfed in flames."
The praise was given at Hull Crown Court, where Sally... read more
- 16:29 Charity walk raises £10k
- 16:29 Richard Owen: Rugby league player found not guilty of sex offences...
- 16:29 Man on sex offenders’ register to be sentenced after breaching order
- 16:29 Police reassure public as threat level is increased to critical
- 16:29 NOSTALGIA: Council carve 2007
- 16:28 Deadline approaches for names in major Yorkshire tourism awards
- 16:28 England's Big Picture: 22 - 28 May
- 16:28 Boots of Nottingham opens 'historic' digital archive
- 16:28 Carrick-a-Rede bridge closed after 'vandals cut rope'
- 16:28 Conservatives report most donations in first part of year
- 16:28 Decorated Normandy war veteran Eric Gower given emotional military...
- 16:28 Councillors decide McDonald's near Laceby will NOT be allowed to...
- 16:28 OECD says 'basic income' reform would need more taxes
- 16:27 All you need to know about the meaning of critical terror threat
- 16:27 Police officer killed in Manchester terror attack reported to be...
- 16:27 Zlatan Ibrahimovic derby strike for Manchester United the most...
- 16:27 Middlesbrough confirm goalkeeper Victor Valdes has left the club as...
- 16:27 One last fundraising push for new Chesterfield cancer centre
- 16:27 Schools' support for pupils dealing with aftermath of Manchester...
- 16:27 TV star takes on sweet challenge
- 16:27 Blackpool business expo set for return
- 16:26 Police reassure public as threat level is increased to critical
- 16:25 Does London really subsidise the UK?
- 16:25 Continental 24: Bentley's Nurburgring homage
- 16:25 Activists step up protest against logging in ancient Polish forest
- 16:25 Sam Warburton warms up with reaction ball in British and Irish...
- 16:25 Danny Welbeck hopes FA Cup final victory over Chelsea can lift...
- 16:25 Cesar Azpilicueta and Ben Gibson lead five-man Premier League...
- 16:25 Arsenal skipper Per Mertesacker admits he 'cannot tell' if he will...
- 16:25 ‘Army may be on the seen on streets of Calderdale’