Woman forced to wait five weeks for miscarriage surgery is rushed to hospital after suffering haemorrhage
Health Secretary Shona Robison has said it is "totally unacceptable" for a woman to have to wait up to five weeks for surgery after pregnancy loss.
But she said the case of a woman who was sent away from hospital in the Glasgow area with antibiotics after suffering a missed miscarriage with surgery scheduled for five weeks' time was an "isolated incident".
Campaigners from Sands, the stillbirth and neonatal death charity, are reported to have claimed five-week waiting times for the procedure, known as a dissection and curettage (D&C), were "normal" across... read more
- 12:11 FOOD HYGIENE RATINGS REVEALED: How clean are food outlets in...
- 12:10 Dundee midfielder Glen Kamara to miss trip to Celtic Park
- 12:10 Celebrity chef Gino D'Acampo to open new restaurant in Birmingham
- 12:10 Hipperholme pupil makes a splash as she clinches gold and meets...
- 12:10 Aston Villa v Preston: TV details, team news, predicted XI, boss...
- 12:10 Bury PC who dived in River Irwell to save man 'can't swim'
- 12:09 Little Simz missed out on Black Panther role
- 12:09 Lucas Moura: Tottenham new boy insists Spurs can win the Champions...
- 12:09 Paul Pogba left Manchester United because of PHIL JONES – Paul Scholes
- 12:08 READER PICTURE: ‘Hay! It’s feeding time, everybody’
- 12:07 Emmerdale spoilers: Pregnancy twist ahead for Chas Dingle
- 12:07 Action on 'dangerous path at Knaresborough's iconic location
- 12:06 KFC closures across Preston - latest
- 12:06 Manchester United and Juan Mata receive Hawkeye apology after VAR...
- 12:05 Casey Stoney announces retirement as former England women captain...
- 12:04 Burnley is one Lancashire's 10 unluckiest towns
- 12:03 Brooklyn Beckham set ‘to become the Spice Girls’ official reunion...
- 12:02 Award for improving Parkinson’s care
- 12:02 KFC restaurants in Northampton forced to close as stores run out of...
- 12:02 Hipperholme pupil makes a splash as she clinches gold and meets...
- 12:02 Snap happy shoppers in with chance of winning spending spree
- 12:02 Warwickshire Freemasons support new maternity unit at Warwick Hospital
- 12:02 Did you see Danny Rose’s AMAZING message to Ryan Mason against...
- 12:02 Lewis Hamilton reveals insight into training schedule ahead of...
- 12:01 Paedophile Falder jailed for 32 years
- 12:01 Peter Rabbit among Beatrix Potter characters to star on new coins
- 12:01 Cash to help gardeners club
- 12:01 Chelsea frustrate Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi like no other side
- 12:01 In pictures: Handsworth v Burntwood RUFC
- 12:01 Lichfield City FC beaten 4-2 by Atherstone Town