Woman dies in St Andrews house fire
A WOMAN was found dead by police after a house fire.
The blaze was reported to emergency services at around 11.30pm on Saturday at a property on Glebe Road in St Andrews.
The body of a woman was found inside the house and the police and fire services are carrying out a joint investigation to establish the full circumstances.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman, said: "Police in St Andrews were called to a fire in Glebe Road, St Andrews, on Saturday around 11.30pm.
"The body of a woman was discovered within.
"Inquiries are at an early stage.
"There are not thought to be any... read more
- 10:57 Gunpowder review: 'Explosive stuff, but sometimes too nasty to watch'
- 10:57 Have you seen missing Sarah?
- 10:57 Sheffield staff help raise £40,000 for children’s hospital extension
- 10:57 Dry and mild with patchy rain
- 10:57 Sheffield Wednesday news: Carlton Palmer demands Carlos Carvalhal...
- 10:56 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017
- 10:56 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:56 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:55 Bank of America Merrill Lynch fined £35m by UK watchdog
- 10:55 Fylde coast bank staff in charity drive
- 10:55 Thousands call for use of metal detectors at Liverpool clubs after...
- 10:55 ‘Anxious’ Theresa May begged Jean-Claude Juncker for help at Brexit...
- 10:54 Police receive reports from residents 'terrorised' by hissing...
- 10:53 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:53 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:53 Neymar says his controversial red card for PSG was unfair
- 10:53 Typhoon Lan video: HUGE waves batter Japan as deadly storm leaves...
- 10:53 Private hospital operator Spire Healthcare rejects £1billion...
- 10:53 George Clooney desperate for ‘women to feel safe’ as he urges a...
- 10:53 Shane Richie teases that shock EastEnders affair that was planned...
- 10:52 Plan reflects Blackpool club’s changing fortunes
- 10:52 Fylde MP wants spring start for new link road
- 10:52 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:52 Government health officials slam star Calvin Harris for claiming...
- 10:51 Khabib Nurmagomedov’s next fight seemingly revealed by Joe Rogan
- 10:51 Foreign visitors will now be charged to use the NHS
- 10:50 'Dreamflight gives everybody a chance to do something amazing'
- 10:50 'Holiday of a lifetime': Sick children overjoyed on Dreamflight...
- 10:50 Jobcentre staff strike over closure of Sheffield office
- 10:50 Woman charged with murdering boy aged 18 months who fell from...