Woman, 83, left lying in the rain for THREE hours for ambulance
A family are disgusted after a Lincolnshire pensioner had to wait three hours for an ambulance after falling in the street.
Hazel Baines broke her hip after falling in the street in Grantham.
The 83-year-old, who suffers with dementia, was helped by passersby who dialed 999 at the roadside.
READ MORE: Meet the men creating a beauty business in their back garden
A fast response car was sent out to Hazel but she said she didn't want an ambulance sending so it was diverted elsewhere. But after a second 999 call was made it still took almost two hours for the ambulance to arrive.
Her son Nigel... read more
- 18:06 Shell bolsters offshore wind interests with bid in U.S. tender
- 18:05 Jobs go as Huddersfield sandwich company folds
- 18:05 You can now attend a fitness class where humans have to exercise...
- 18:05 Gabon 1-1 Burkina Faso: Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang hits penalty to...
- 18:05 Patrick Bamford seals return to Middlesbrough as Chelsea make £8.5m...
- 18:05 FIA give approval for sale for Formula One to Liberty Media as...
- 18:05 Plymouth v Liverpool FA Cup LIVE: Plus Newcastle v Birmingham and...
- 18:04 Hedderman happy to win ugly against Enville
- 18:04 James Haskell likely to make first Wasps start since May in Zebre
- 18:04 Hull mum Kerry Clarkson jailed for smuggling 38 Diazepam tablets...
- 18:00 Quick-thinking ambulance staff help avert M6 disaster near Coventry
- 18:00 Mansfield man took claw hammer to pub to protect brother
- 18:00 Teen shoots four, self at American school in northern Mexico
- 17:59 Chelsea Manning decision: Obama under fire for cutting sentence
- 17:59 The opposition view: The lowdown on Wrexham AFC's derby day rivals
- 17:58 Plymouth Argyle fan to meet FA Cup tie 'guardian angels' after...
- 17:56 Drone photography company to pay record-sized fine
- 17:56 Photos show 'weaponised commercial drones' in Iraq
- 17:56 Visual artist Tim Mann to showcase new work in Stamford
- 17:56 'Humiliated' Ben Affleck vows ‘I will NEVER do another interview...
- 17:55 People of Nottingham: Andrea Hall delivers meals to the city's elderly
- 17:55 Popular Long Eaton pub could be turned into luxury houses
- 17:55 How to check if the £2 in your pocket is worth a small fortune
- 17:53 Visual artist Tim Mann to showcase new work in Stamford
- 17:53 Afghan female orchestra faces DEATH THREATS for ‘dishonouring...
- 17:52 Amazing moment Chester Zoo elephant gives birth captured on CCTV
- 17:51 Ben Turner on Burton Albion's recent run of results and the...
- 17:51 Injury-hit Beyond Conceit bound for Cheltenham Festival after...
- 17:51 Mario Gotze questions critics but admits to falling short of...
- 17:51 FIFA technical director Marco van Basten offers up ideas to...