Woman, 83, left lying in the rain for THREE hours for ambulance
A family are disgusted after a Lincolnshire pensioner had to wait three hours for an ambulance after falling in the street.
Hazel Baines broke her hip after falling in the street in Grantham.
The 83-year-old, who suffers with dementia, was helped by passersby who dialed 999 at the roadside.
READ MORE: Meet the men creating a beauty business in their back garden
A fast response car was sent out to Hazel but she said she didn't want an ambulance sending so it was diverted elsewhere. But after a second 999 call was made it still took almost two hours for the ambulance to arrive.
Her son Nigel... read more
- 07:14 Man shares strange sign of a deadly infection triggered by a trip...
- 07:14 Yulia Skripal ‘briefly wakes up’ as medics fear she and ex-spy...
- 07:14 Double delight for Carlisle children's nursery after flood recovery
- 07:12 Bad lifestyles are to blame for 2,500 cancer cases a week as...
- 07:12 Alexis Sanchez: Man Utd stars dislike ‘sulky’ forward - players...
- 07:12 Chelsea star Alvaro Morata SLAMMED in debut season: I was wrong -...
- 07:11 Premier League fixtures 2017/2018 - these are the fixtures...
- 07:10 India renews Mohammad Shami cricket contract after violence charge
- 07:09 Double delight for Carlisle children's nursery after flood recovery
- 07:07 New Zealand captain Kane Williamson becomes Kiwis' all-time leading...
- 07:07 Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes send message to rivals as champion sets...
- 07:03 40, 000 fake cigarettes and drugs seized as part of Doncaster...
- 07:02 7 of the best gins to drink during spring and the Easter holidays
- 06:58 Spalding nurse and runner: ‘I just had to stop and help him’
- 06:57 Prince Charles claims: lavish spending, obsessed with public...
- 06:57 Gangster’s paradise: how organised crime took over Russia
- 06:57 The end of the auteur?
- 06:57 Sea of dog mess is like ‘50 Shades of Brown’
- 06:57 Bird of prey flying at leisure centre to scare away pigeons
- 06:57 The two teenage Irish Traveller brothers who became sensations in...
- 06:57 Treasure Island was pure gold
- 06:56 Wife’s vow to raise £50k to fund husband’s brain tumour fight abroad
- 06:56 Bag a bargain when Joules sale returns to Corby this weekend
- 06:56 Defibrillator installed in Bidford
- 06:56 APPEAL: Theft from Assembly Rooms market
- 06:56 Roundabout wins in battle to make Kettering junction safer
- 06:56 Spalding nurse and runner: ‘I just had to stop and help him’
- 06:56 Kettering steak house hopes to be a cut above the rest
- 06:56 Wellingborough MP Peter Bone: “I’ve no link with Cambridge Analytica”
- 06:56 40, 000 fake cigarettes and drugs seized as part of Doncaster...